Tuesday, October 17, 2006

L'hotel Tazzie

Would you like to sleep here?? OMG, Marty has a friend coming to stay tomorrow, and looky, there's his bed! Can you guess what my task for today is? I'm going to sort, store and reorganise! I hope you all don't mind me sharing this mess with you, but putting the mess out there really gives me the impetus to fix it!

I'll have to fold down my cutting table for a few days, how ever will I cope?? I have already folded down my sewing machine station and put Bernie to sleep. My sewing room/study is in a tie with the laundry for the worst room in the house, so it will be good for me to get in there and have a clean up.

I'm still working away at quilting my miniature, and I'm really on the home stretch now. I've quilted all the blocks, and I've half completed the border. I anticipate I'll be ready to sew the binding on by the weekend. If I get it done in time I will be able to drop it off this weekend with the competition coordinator. The absolute last minute for the drop off is Sunday next weekend. I feel sure I'll make that deadline. Well, I'll TTYL friends ... have a great day!

11 comments:

ForestJane said...

I think it sounds like a Chinese proverb...

He who sleep in sewing room should expect to fold self into small space then lay flat.

Carol E. said...

LOL.. I love what forestjane wrote! I was going to say that "mess" looks neat compared to my sewing space. I really need to do the tornado version of cleaning in my room. Want to come help me?

Jenni said...

Nothing like a bit of motivation to get cleaning. Usually for me it is when my Mother comes to visit. She had her cataract done recently and apparently is more eagle-eyed than ever now! Good luck.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I always had huuuuge piles of stuff all over the guest bed, which of course was in my sewing room. I can only dream of someday having separate guest rooms and sewing room - that would be heaven.

Joyce said...

A messy work area is a sign of creativity in my books.

Dormouse said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I thought I'd return the favour. :)

My sewing space is way more disorganised than yours... oops!!!

I love your miniature quilt. It is stunning.

KC Quilter said...

I think your mess looks very tidy LOL! I guess that means I need to get to cleaning also. Would love to hear about your folks trip to Italy someday!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found you through a link on Carol's blog (I think lol)

I quilt too! Though I haven't been at it for long.

Great blog, I'll be back again.
Have a great day!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Well if you can clean it up in a day it can't be too bad!!!! :)

Boy your flying at the quilting on your mini! I can't wait to see it done, done, done!!!! How exciting!

Susan said...

I just want to know who comes in at night and moves things around...

You will be done with time to spare.

Shelina said...

Your mess looks a lot more organized than mine. Nothing looks like it is toppling over. Everything is neatly stacked. I used to have a guest room once too - actually two of them. But I have long since stopped calling them guest rooms. I wouldn't be kidding anybody but myself. I have a hard enough time keeping floor space open for me to reach my own bed! Ok, that is an exagerration, but in the next two weeks, this house will be tons lighter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails