Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A happy reunion

Bernie and I had a very happy reunion yesterday. My little (but so very heavy) sewing machine smells so very clean, is so very quiet again, and has no tension issues!

To celebrate, I quilted the placemats I made the other day and sewed on the binding. I had planned to bind the mats in green, but couldn't find the perfect green in my stash, so settled for this beige-ish colour instead.

On the back of the mats, I used a cute fabric from my stash called 'Harvest Melody' by Nancy Halvorsen. It's a really cute fabric, and will make the mats reversible for use throughout the year. The binding fabric I ultimately used was from the same range and matched both sides pretty well.

I hope to hand sew the binding down this morning, and then this afternoon I'll head to the grocery store. If I have the chance this afternoon I'll spend some time tackling the Winnie the Pooh project. I know I'm not going to be able to strike that goal off my list this month. I don't have enough batt to use for the quilt, and I won't be heading to the quilt store today as I'm teaching there tomorrow.

Well, that's it from me. Happy Halloween to all those that celebrate it, hope your day is grrrrrrreat!

9 comments:

Samantha said...

So glad to hear about your happy reunion. Lovely placemats!

ForestJane said...

The placemat looks great with the beige binding. How many of them are you making? I made a set of 8 for my mom's table once and thought I was NEVER going to get finished... lol

Eileen said...

The placemats are adorable, and I like the idea you can leave them out all year.
Can't wait to see Pooh.
Your reunion with Bernie sounds like it was memorable. Have fun with it.

Angie said...

Pretty placemats, Tazzie! I like to do placemats and tablerunners so that they are reversible for different seasons. Glad you got you Bernina back. :)

Clare said...

Glad you got Bernina back. Having no sewing machine must feel like having your right arm cut off *vbg* Love the placemats.

Jenni said...

Pleased for you that Bernie is now running smoothly. Happy sewing.

Cynthia said...

nice placemats Tazzie. I have some that i started about five years ago. Maybe it's time i took them out and finished them.

Gail said...

Happy Happy, Joy Joy- Bernie's back home where she belongs!

Quilts And Pieces said...

That binding does look great. I have to get my machine tuned up also! I just never get around to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails