Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ebay - thy name is friend

Gosh Ebay can be wonderful! Anything you ever need, you can find it there, along with lots of things you don't really need, but you'd really like!

Here are my two latest purchases. One is the book Kathie shared on her blog. I saw it and knew it would be something I'd love to own. It arrived last week, and I haven't had much of a chance to read it, but I'm impressed. One thing I did notice was that some of the people featured in the book have sooooooo much fabric, and stored so neatly! I can't even imagine owning so much!

The other item is a mouli. I've never had the need to buy one of these before, but this year we have the possibility of a huge crop of tomatoes. I have plans of putting loads of tomato puree, tomato sauce and pasta sauce in my fowlers jars, so on the advice of my friend who has Italian inlaws, it seemed a mouli was the way to go!

I was tagged! May Britt shared her favourite sewing space with us all, and here is my favourite Summer sewing space. The family room is much cooler than the lounge in the Spring/Summer, and I can keep one eye on the kids outside in the patio.

Ohh, what's that you see there? Could it be the mini quilt bound and completed! Well, yes it is! *lol* I'm so pleased it's finished, today I'm doing the label and travelling bag, and I hope to deliver it tomorrow. One week earlier than expected. Thank heavens it's done. There were many moments I wondered if I'd get it done in time at all. Thank you all so much for your many words of encouragement and praise. It's really meant so much ... really! Now ... it's my turn to tag some people ... I choose .... Kathie from Threadlines ... Mama Koch from Oklahoma ... and Hedgehog from Finland. I want to choose everyone (I have 70 of you as my favourites in Bloglines) ... so go on ... share with me anyways!

Have a great weekend everyone! x o x

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your little quilt is so beautiful. I love the scalloped border and the wonderful quilting.

Last week I purchased the same book. There are some fantastic sewing rooms in the book. I can't imagine having my fabric so neat and organized.

Pam said...

Your miniature quilt is stunning. Really great.

Are the scalloped edges appliqued on? Is that how that is done? They look great and the quilting is so perfect.

Jenni said...

Good for you Tazzie. Your quilt looks lovely and you have every right to be proud.

Cynthia said...

I have owned a small mouli since my DD was a baby and that was 18 years ago. I first bought it to puree stewed fruit when the girls were babies. I use it at least once a week. But i noticed last week that the handle is coming loose so perhaps it's time to buy another one.

Anonymous said...

That quilt is gorgeous! Awesome job!

I'm glad no one has tagged me yet for the "favorite space" photo - I'd have a reeeeeally hard time choosing one.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

So glad you found that book inspiring. But all that neat and tidy storage of fabric is beyond me too. My stash is in color coordinated plastic bins and was folded neatly at one time, but everything shows the ravages of having been dug through numerous times.

Silverthimble said...

Your little quilt is fantastic. Your "spot" looks comfortable and it is in such a great location to keep an eye on the kids. I will have to keep an eye out for the book that you mentioned.

Cher said...

your little quilt turned out perfect-so nice to be ahead of schedule too! what a lovely spot to sit and stitch in too.

Anonymous said...

Love your spot!

When I make a bean based soup, I process "some" through a "mouli."
Some for me is about a quarter of the total. Makes it more hearty...

Not that you are very interested in makeing soup at this time of year... (I am visiting Australia in the summer next time!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails