Friday, October 20, 2006

Quilting done!

Last night I finished the last of the quilting on the teeny quilt. I then washed the quilt to remove all the marking lines and blocked it. I set it out to dry on a towel last night, and here you see it this morning.

The men have headed off now, so today when it's completely dry I'll add the binding. I'm so pleased to be so near completion one week earlier than expected. It means that I have extra time to work on other goals. I've actually completed one item on my goals list, and I always forget to mark it off. I'll mark it done when I mark this quilt off the list.

I'm working with the phone-camera again, as Marty has taken the d-camera with him, but I think the picture is okay ... just as long as I don't feel the need for close-ups this weekend, all will be well. Have a great day everyone!

16 comments:

Cynthia said...

well done on getting all the quilting completed. It looks lovely. Are you keeping this quilt or is it for someone?

MARCIE said...

That really turned out fabulous, Tazzie! And your hand quilting is beautiful! You really like that tiny stuff, don't you.

Dianne said...

Beautiful quilt, Tazzie. And the quilting looks great, too!

Angie said...

The quilt is gorgeous, Tazzie, and the quilting is wonderful!

Darlene said...

It's beautiful - drop dead gorgeous!

Hanne said...

As said before - this quilt gets more beautiful all the time Tazzie :-) What kind of batting do you use ?

Jenni said...

Yes it's so lovely. Your quilting is beautiful.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, my my my! I didn't think that little quilt could get any more perfect--but with your exquisite quilting, it is truly a masterpiece!!!! Well done!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY! I am most impressed by the short time frame from conception to conclusion! You are my quilting hero!

jodie said...

It is just gorgeous Tazzie. Well done.

Jodie

Laurie Ann said...

It is just fabulous! It inspires me to try to make a miniature quilt for myself. I am sure you'll do well with it at the show!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt! You did such a great job - I love it.

Have a great day! God bless :)

ForestJane said...

*applauds*

And are you going to sew ONE more little flower to go on your label on the back of the quilt?

Dormouse said...

Huge congratulations on getting it finished... and ahead of time too. :)

Absolutely stunning. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations on getting it finished. It looks spectacular.

Hedgehog said...

Oh Tazzie, it looks terrific!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails