Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We're ba...ack

We're back from our little mini-break at my parent's beach house. We all had a great time, the kids played at the beach every single day! Each and every day I would forget to take the camera with me, and so the only picture I can share with you is this one which I snapped on the morning before we left.

The house has actual beach frontage, and so this is the view from the back of the house. This picture is looking left toward the lighthouse. When you come out the door, there is a small sandhill, which has a path thru the foliage, and then you're on the beach. My parents have owned this holiday home since I was a very little girl, so I have lots of wonderful memories of long summers spent here.

Here is a picture of our 'fur-person' on what she has claimed as her new bed! I had folded up the 'Sunrise' quilt which was quilted last month, and it was on the dining table ready to be put away into my quilt cabinet.

While we were away my brother was looking after her, and she has obviously decided that the quilt warranted further investigation, and she has declared it comfy!

I'm going to have to break it to her that this will not be a permanent situation. Love her as we do, I don't care too much for her black hair on my quilts, so I will have to make a quilt specially for her. Ohhh what a chore ... another quilt! *lol* I love to find reasons to quilt!

Lastly, here is a photo of my laundry. I think it may be the worst room in my house in terms of me looking after it. This thread was started by Nines, and it's a great idea. I'm not ashamed to share the mess with you all.

I didn't even make any effort to tidy up to show it to you ... you can see the dirty laundry there on the left, and the stuff that needs to be put away on the right.

Cleaning stuff on the shelf under the washing ... my Fowlers jars on the groaning shelf above ... and my old Fowlers unit. Haven't managed to Flylady in here yet! My old hand-vac on the wall that doesn't work anymore ... need to get rid of that too!

Well girls ... I've shown you mine ... let's see your laundry!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Your laundry isn't too bad Tazzy - just lots of space to collect stuff. Mine's up, but it's too small to gather much mess. The beach looks lovely.

Nines said...

Ohhh!!! Thank you so much! I think that is a very nice space- love the baskets up on a shelf! And "Fowlers?" Must be an Australian thing, as I have never heard this term before- I'd like a closer look, please. They seem so large compared to our 1 quart Mason jars. Thanks again for airing your "dirty" laundry! It looks great to me!

May Britt said...

Off course your cat have to have his own quilt to sleep on. My black persian cat Frida has one of her own. She inherited one old quilt from my children. And she love it.

Susan said...

That's not a big mess!

Love the beach pictures, and how wonderful that you are working on a third generation of memories there.

ForestJane said...

So are you going to make a black quilt for a black cat? Wouldn't show the hair, for sure!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the beach looks wonderful! I could spend many many weeks there! And your kitty looks so comfy! Poor thing. And your laundry room - huh - yours is clean compared to mine. I keep forgetting to take a picture of my pig sty.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the beach looks wonderful! I could spend many many weeks there! And your kitty looks so comfy! Poor thing. And your laundry room - huh - yours is clean compared to mine. I keep forgetting to take a picture of my pig sty.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I must have missed something, what mess?? Your laundry looks really well organised to me. In my house I have a corner of the kitchen next to the backdoor for the washing machine, so the clothes pile up in the spare room, now that's a mess and no you're not getting to see pictures. Have a great day.

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, happy to have you home again, but sure can understand how wonderful it is to get away for a few days. Especially to such a beautiful place.

Thanks for sharing your laundry area with us..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Passionate Quilter said...

Loved the view from the beach house, how calm and serene. Yes, I could spend many hours there!
Messy laundry? You are too funny girl!First, your messy "hot spot" and now your messy laundry! We are going to have to "sic" flylady on you to get cracking! LOL

Shelina said...

Wow, the laundry room shot is before you cleaned? Hmm, that is what mine would look like after I cleaned, and hired a cleaning crew to do some more. It is a shame I don't have my camera with me, because I'm sure I would show you mine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails