Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Here is my mini quilt again, can you see the quilting lines in the picture?

Probably not ... I've been working away at it, and the top 6 blocks here are quilted, and I've started quilting on the block on the bottom right. The applique is outline stitched, and the background of the blocks is quilted in a 1/4" grid. It's slow going, but I have to get a move on, I have 2 weeks to finish it and hand it in! I'll need to get some more done today, or I predict some sleepless nights in my not too distant future!

I'm a night owl anyway, so I probably wouldn't mind!

Clearly in Australia, the onset of the hot weather is the prime time for wool and yarn shopping. I told you not so long ago about my 99c finds ... well, yesterday while out shopping, I stumbled across these little honeys for 50c per ball! Well, of course I had to have them! I would have chosen even more, but I have more than enough projects to take me through this spring clear through to next spring! The multi brown yarn is to start a scarf anew for my MIL. I'm just finding the other yarn too hard to work with on a deadline, so I'm going to put it away for now. The blue in front is for me! I'm a blue girl ... I will really appreciate a new scarf come winter netball season.

In the picture at the top, you can see that I just couldn't resist starting a little of the scarf. I'm actually knitting it in a wide rib pattern, just for something a little different.

Amy was prowling around the house this morning looking for the cat, and look where she found her. I hadn't gotten to moving this quilt yet ... and Madaline is taking advantage of it! Gosh I don't like her being on the table like that, but I can't help but feel like she appreciates my quilting! *lol*

** Exciting news ... while typing up this post, I just had a call from our cabinet maker. He's just doing the last bits of our kitchen cabinets, and they're going to be installed sometime next week! How neat! I've been looking forward to more cabinet space for a long time! I'll share pictures when they're in! **

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! 13 is my lucky number, so it's sure to be a great day! x o x

13 comments:

Carol E. said...

Great buy on that yarn! It was nearly free! That quilt in the top photo sure is pretty.

Dineke said...

I love your mini quilt. I didn't came round to do applique yet, but I sure want to try some day soon. Miniquilts are great to try a technique. The yarn looks great too. I doubted about some yarn like that a few weeks ago. Want a new scarf too. Looks you have my cat there on your quilt. That would be a spot where Rakker could sleep.

Hedgehog said...

That's one happy cat!

Tonya Ricucci said...

that is a loooot of quilting. would love to see a close-up of it sometime. love that quilt. kitty looks happy - gotta sleep on the quilt. quilts are for sleeping.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! The yarn is such a find! And the quilting on your mini is wonderful! That is a gorgous quilt anyway! And you cat sure does love your quilts! Too cute!

quiltpixie said...

your mini quilt is turning out beautifully. Guess I know what you'll be working on wiht the deadline coming so coon :-)

The wool will be great in another couple of months as it starts to cool for you -- and if it doesn't I know a spot here in north america that would be happy to take it off your hands (hehehe)

Darlene said...

I'd love to see a close up of your quilting on your mini. It's coming along nicely and you seem to be enjoying the process.

What a great buy on that beautiful yarn - wow!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous yarn...both will make wonderful scarves, and what a GREAT price! Seems funny to be buying yarn when it's hot weather, doesn't it?

Of course the kitty wants to sleep on the quilt...where else would he sleep? Otherwise, how would you ever get a nice overlay of cat hair on it?

Hope you'll post a close-up of the quilting on the applique quilt when you're finished...as an applique-challenged non-hand-quilter, I enjoy being amazed at the wonderful work of those who can do those things.

Fiona said...

The mini quilt is so lovely - as well as a close up of the quilting can you put a tape measure next to it? I know the dimensions of the blocks from your other posts but I can't quite get my head around just how small that is without seeing it against a point of comparison.

Susan said...

Oh, the mini quilt is exquisite........... That was quite the challenge...

I think cat hair or dog hair is a requirement for all quilts. How good of Madeline to share....

Your Wincheste quilt has me enthralled.......... If I ever got around to it would you mind if I made one too?

Pam said...

Your miniture is just beautiful. I can sure get the feel of how small it is seeing it in that frame. (I guess because I have used one of those frames before) Amazing work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my website and leaving your comment! I'm having such fun reading these quilting blogs and "meeting" so many wonderful people! Your mini is incredible!!

Nina In Norway said...

Oh! I love the brown yarn. The blue one is nice as well, and your quilts are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails