Thursday, October 19, 2006

Up for air ...

Hi everyone. Just a quick post to let you know I'm still around, I didn't get trapped under anything heavy while tidying the sewing room! Marty's guest arrived last night to a lovely tidy 'guest room'. I'm so pleased. While I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if it was not so tidy, my pride wouldn't let it be anything else.

I had lunch again today with my long-lost and recently-found school friend. It was wonderful once again. I'm so pleased we bumped into each other all those months ago, it's like 20 years never went by!

Also, I'm still quilting away on my mini quilt. I will have the quilting finished today, I have only one or two more inches to go. I will get the binding on tomorrow after the men have headed off for the beach house. A bunch of buddies are heading off for a manly long-weekend together. After having two full weeks to myself in the USA, I feel that hubby is definitely entitled to a boys weekend away!

I was searching through some old pictures on the computer today, and found this picture. I had forgotten all about this quilt. It was made for a work friend of mine when she was expecting her first baby. Her baby is now in school, so it must have been some time ago. I made it up from a series of orphan blocks, and with some paper pieced animals from the Margaret Rolfe book, I think it's called a Quilter's Ark? Gosh, this quilt must be an oldie now, I wonder if she still loves it?

I have discovered I've got over 50 new posts in bloglines to get through, so I hope to get to all your blogs soon, don't give up on me! Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

Clare said...

Love that quilt! Have a good day too.

Hedgehog said...

An oldie, but a goodie!

Silverthimble said...

What an excellent idea for using up orphan blocks! I am sure your friend loves this quilt as much now as when you gave it to her years ago!

Melzie said...

Very pretty quilt Tazzie :) have a great day! xoxo melzie

Dianne said...

What a great quilt, Cynthia. Aren't those Margaret Rolfe blocks fun to do? I made a quilt for a little Aussie friend living in London using those blocks...there's a pic on my blog.

Glad your quilting/guest room got tidied up and that your guest was suitably comfortable!

Cynthia said...

what a great way to use up those orphan blocks. Those animal blocks look great.

ForestJane said...

Hmm, I think if he had complained about his accommodations, you'd have been justified in stuffing him in the closet with lots of batting... lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails