Saturday, March 03, 2007

Working at the machine applique

Hope you're all having a great Saturday. Ours is drawing to a close, it's almost 6pm, and I'm feeling ready for a sleep already! Today DH and I have spent many hours visiting car yards, and he got me a new car. We haven't picked it up yet, that will happen next week sometime I guess, and I just know that when we do pick it up, I'll be kind of sad to see my old car traded. All part of life I know, but I always get attached to things and think they have feelings. My friend said the other day that I'll soon forget as soon as I'm driving the new one around. I have a feeling she's right.

On a quilty note, I've been working on a little of the machine applique for my next project. I'm enjoying the variegated rayon thread I got the other day, it's really pretty looking, and will span the spectrum of the colours I'm using in the flowers. It's going to be another scrap quilt, and I'm hoping to get every component of it from my stash. I've taken a quick picture for you to see a couple of the blocks.

Also, a big thank you to Kim from Peach Quilting for our new fabric diet badge for this month - you're a superstar Kim!

Well, that's it from me, I'm going to put my feet up ... and I wouldn't be suprised if my eyelids go down ...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those batiks in your flowers - like pink sunflowers, big open cheery faces

Fiona said...

This is looking interesting - I'm curious to see what the pattern will be (don't tell me, I like the suspense!).

Hanne said...

I am looking forward to following the progress of your new quilt :-)

Rose Johnston said...

Your quilts r always so lovely and inspiring....this one promised to be another beauty.....enjoy ur new car!!

Joyce said...

I really like the flowers you are doing. Very nice.

Judith said...

I love the floers you are doing. When will you be working on you DJ again?

Angie said...

I love that yellow plaid in the center of those batik flowers, Tazzie! How cute that's going to be!!! :D And I'm bad about getting attached to things (as well as critters) and having a hard time letting go. I'm not much good at change. :(

Jeanne said...

Love those happy looking flowers!

Kim West said...

those flowers look great!! Your welcome for the badge!

ForestJane said...

Nice posies you're making! Are the petals going to all be pink or are you going to have other colors of flowers too? I love the fabric you've used for the centers. :)

Susan said...

Such outstanding work you do. The ZIGZAG NINE PATCH is a wonderful quilt. And you quilted it on a sewing machine. I really need to learn to do that.

Thanks for your inspiring pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails