Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Machine applique

I feel like I've been working so hard at the machine applique, and I still have 9 blocks left to do. It really takes some time! I'm also making up the half square triangles I need, I've done about 80 of the 380 odd required for the quilt. I just love the colours in this quilt, and I'm just having the best time making it up.

One thing I haven't done yet this month is to set some goals for my quilting. I definitely want to finish up this quilt I'm working on, and other than that, I'm not really sure. Well, except for stick to my fabric diet of course. I'm just thrilled with how I'm not making any impulse fabric purchases lately, and I am actually starting to notice small inroads into my fabric stash. I do have a couple of fabrics in my stash I know I'll never use, so I plan to weed them out and donate them to a charity group a lady I know belongs to.

Tomorrow I have an early start, I have to drop the kids off and get back home again in time to let the painter in. We're having the front doors and the side door to the garage painted, and I'm just so thrilled. After that, I have to be at the quilt store to look after the Thimbleberries Club girls in the morning class. I'll be back home working on deadlines in the afternoon, and then grocery shopping and hopefully collecting the new car after picking the kids up from school etc. A big day - bring it on!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutey adorable. I can't wait to see what you're doing, Tazzie!

Angie said...

That quilt is going to be gorgeous! Those colors are just wonderful!! :D

Anonymous said...

The blocks look great, I can't wait to see them all together. Congratulations on the new car too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

You don't need goals... just do what you want! "I don't need no stinkin goals" :)

Susan said...

Your quilt is moving along really fast. I love the buttonhole stitch on my Viking, but it does take forever to do things with curves! Still faster than hand, though, and I do love the look of it. This will be such a cheerful quilt. Congrats on the beautiful new car!

Teodo said...

This quilt will be wonderful. The work is difficult to do but very nice. ciao ciao
Nice your new car! Drive safe! Ciao ciao

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails