Monday, March 12, 2007

Piecing some more ...

Here ya go ... this is what I've been piecing on these past few days. It's starting to make some sense now. And it's why I needed a bazillion half square triangles.

Everything is cut for this quilt now, and it has all come from my stash, apart from a bit more white fabric that I needed to get. I did have some other white I could use, but I decided not to dig into my DJ fabric. Ohhh, actually, I haven't cut the first border and the big border yet, but I was thinking I'd let the quilt speak to me when I get there. My first thoughts are a fun pink narrow border, and then a blue outer border, but we'll see.


I'm itching to get piecing on the blocks again today, but I'm going to have to force myself to do some housework first, and then get back to quilting on Maureen's table runner. Thank you all for your lovely comments on my peacock feathers. They're really super easy - so if I get a chance later on I'll draw a diagram that will maybe show you how they're done. I'm so far from an expert quilter, so if I can do it, honestly anyone can! They're easier than meandering, as you have a place to rest when you get to the point at the bottom.

Anyways, that's enough from me - the faster I get the other stuff done, the faster I can get back to the piecing!

24 comments:

Carole said...

Force yourself to do house work? That's not good for your health! If you ignore it long enough, it goes away ;o)! I like the way the quilt is turning out. So cheerful. Thanks for sharing. Happy quilting!

Angie said...

What a cute, cute quilt that's going to be, Tazzie!

Joyce said...

I agree with carole. Forget the housework! I think the quilt is beautiful and the pink and blue borders will finish it off beautifully.

KC Quilter said...

What a yummy quilt this is going to be--so springy and fresh!

Darlene said...

Tazzie, that quilt is darling! No, it's adorable! No, it's cute beyond words! LOL I love it!

Your peacock feather quilting is stunning!

Fiona said...

Aaah - all is revealed! What a pretty top - I never imagined the flowers would make HSTs but the effect is delightful.

Mary Johnson said...

I love peacock meandering - yours looks very nicely done and you're right it's not all that difficult. I've been practing a new meander from one of my books on paper. Once I feel I've got it imprinted in my brain I'll try it on a quilt.

Cher said...

your new quilt is looking quite lovely-I can understand your hurry to get back to piecing on it. Looking forward to your showing us how easy peacock feather meandering is!

Unknown said...

I loved those flowers when you showed them first being appliqued - now they look superb in those lovely baskets - your pink and blue borders sound lovely but if you want to make them sparkle put a thin white one between them I say :o) only a suggestion........

Melanie said...

Great job of the spring time quilt. Looks like flowers in pockets.*S*

Clare said...

Lovely quilt - very very Spring like.

Rose Johnston said...

Dont u just hate when housework interfers with what u love doing?? lol......this quilt is just so adorable!!....i love it, another gem Tazzie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt! I just love the colors too!

Unknown said...

This just looks like spring to me. It's going to be terrific.

The Calico Cat said...

How cute, it reminds me of a basket of sunshine... It is a mini?

Anonymous said...

It's very cute.

Ms. Jan said...

Wow Tazzie, this is so pretty and feminine. I can't wait to see it quilted. =)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh so cute! I would never have guessed that was what you were doing with those flowers!

Diana said...

This is so pretty! I just love the pink flowers with the blue triangles. Lovely, lovely design!

Gail said...

Your quilts are always so bright and happy, you must wear a smile all the time! I do just from seeing the pictures.

Holly said...

It *does* look like a basket of sunshine. Perfect for spring.

Shelina said...

Housework will patiently wait for you - no matter how long it takes.
These are beautiful blocks - they look like flowers peeking out from baskets.

Teodo said...

Your quilt is very lovely. ciao ciaY

Anonymous said...

I love the pink & yellow flowers. I usually prefer brown & blue plaids to flowers, but this is an exception. Is this block your design or does it have a name?

I hope this is not a duplicate posting, but I'm not sure my first attempt worked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails