On Friday night I was able to stitch the final borders on the quilt. You can just see the fabric in the picture there. It's one I got in the US last year, I think it may have been from Carolea's. Then yesterday at the quilt store, Cheryl and I pinned like crazy ladies so the quilt was ready for quilting.
Well, you know I just couldn't resist starting to quilt, so last night I completed two bobbins worth of quilting! Because I'm in a hurry to get this done, I've been doing a smallish meander, but I'm having some fun with the flowers. I don't know if you can see well in the picture, but I've given the petals some dimension and quilted little circles in the yellow part.
And this is the fabric I'm using on the back. This is another fabric from my stash. I picked it up at Hancocks of Paducah last year. I had originally thought I'd use it on the back of the DJ I'm currently working on, but because it could be years before that's finished I'll think about the back another time.
It's so nice to be almost entirely working from stash. The only things I didn't have at the ready were the pink inner border and a little more of the white fabric.
I'll bind with the blue border fabric as I've still got about a yard or so of that one left. This project has been super fun, it's not a chore to work on it at all!