Friday, March 30, 2007

What to do?

I just have no idea what I want to do today. I feel the need to quilt/piece, but I've just been standing in the sewing room staring at my stash and my projects, and I couldn't settle on what to pick up. To be good, I'm not going to start a new project - I've got enough on the go that I should be able to find something ... but nothing inspires me right now.

Maybe my head knows I should be working away at the instructions for the Bears quilt, but my heart knows I have to be in the right frame of mind for that ... and I'm not right now. My friend Cheryl calls this 'the nadges' ... you know, when you just can't settle to something. So, I've pulled out the box of blue and cream blocks, I'll start pairing some more up. The top is more than half done, so wouldn't it be fun to finish a top today? It would empty out a project box, so when I'm ready, there will be a space to put a whole new project ...

8 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Finishing a project might be just the ticket to pull you out of the nadges!

Unknown said...

I really love the colors of this quilt! It makes me want to start a blue and cream project!

atet said...

I know just what you mean. Unfortunately, I tend to give into the new project that calls my name rather than working on something I should finish. The blue and cream quilt is lovely and just think of the empty project bin!

Lisa said...

I hate that feeling, and wish I could work out why I get like that sometimes. Your blue and beige quilt looks interesting - I've always wanted to make a blue and beige quilt and never quite got to it.

Unknown said...

Know just what you mean - that feeling is akin to the one when you wander around the kitchen sure you fancy something really nice to snack on but can't for the life of you find inspiration or a clue as to what it is :0) the blue and cream blocks look lovely - finishing those should be a good start to redefining your creative urges

The Calico Cat said...

That Sounds like a good plan & a pretty one too!

Darlene said...

I hope that you worked out "the nadges" by working on that blue and tan quilt. You might recall that I'm suppose to sleep under it when I come to visit! teehee!

sewprimitive karen said...

Ha! I do a fair amount of standing and staring, too! I think it's simply a prelude to action :-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails