Thursday, March 01, 2007

March Already!

Can you believe it? It's March already! I know February is a short month, but seriously, it felt like it was a week long!

I missed one of my goals, I just couldn't cut into that special fabric for the February Stash Challenge. I'm still determined to do it, but I think I need to find that special pattern that inspires me. My wonderful friend Linda sent me a picture of the pattern that went with the fabric, but I'm not sure that I have enough of the fabric to do it justice.

Last night I was asked to attend my old quilt group. They had organised a special presentation for me. Last year one of the group leaders had contacted me, she'd found a tree skirt at the quilt store which she thought would be great to work on at their quilt camp, and she was so pleased to find it was one of my patterns. She asked if she could buy the pattern to use, and I told her they could use it no problem, they were my group, I wouldn't charge them at all. So last night I was invited along to view all the tree skirts they made. It was super fun, and lovely to see all the old faces, and the new faces too. At some stage I may go back to the group, I stopped going when I had Cameron, it was so much harder to go out in the evenings, and I joined a daytime group instead.

And to that end, I'm off to quilt group today, and I needed some hand work to take with me, so last night after my visit, I started work on the next scrap project I have in mind, and you can see a picture of my progress. I'm just going to cut out the shapes today. We never seem to get too much done, we always chatter too much.

Also, a big thank you to everyone for your wonderful comments on my Zig Zag quilt. I'm so pleased with it, and I would like to say a huge thank you to Bonnie for the inspiration on her website. I love all her scrap quilts, and I admire her for her dedication to using up her stash. Thank you Bonnie!

6 comments:

Lois R. said...

OMG! It is March? How did that happen?

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your zigzag 9-patch! It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm, a new applique scrap project ? What is this one gonna be ? Can't wait seeing it !

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE
(who, of course, LOVES your zig-zag quilt !)

Juliann in WA said...

this new project looks very cheery and bright - I need a project like that as we dream of spring and wonder if it will ever get to the Pacific Northwest
Juliann

Quilts And Pieces said...

Hope you had fun at quilt group! And looks like you have something fun started there!

Carolyn said...

I love the colors you're using in your new quilt...so bright and springy!

Teodo said...

Your Zig zag nine patch is beautiful!!!!!! and now I'm
curious to see your new project. ciao ciao

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails