Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bits & Pieces

Here is just one picture for you to have a looky at, and I've crammed all three items I've been working on in there. Just too darned lazy to take more than one picture I guess! *s*

I've stitched the binding on the quilt, I just need to hand sew it to the back now. I've named the quilt 'Bears in the Garden'. Just a little time to write the directions for it and I can put it right outta my head.

Last night I knitted some more of my second sock. I've been so inspired by Jenny at Fairybread and Cathi from Crazed Quilter, their knitting has been wonderful eye candy, so I thought I'd go ahead and turn that heel. The heel turned just wonderfully, and I'm now working through the decreases for the instep. I can highly recommend the Yarn Harlot's book 'Knitting Rules', it has wonderful tips for the newbie sock knitter. I never would have known why it's so important to slip the first stitch when knitting the heel flap - she tells us that those slipped stitches should work out to the exact number of stitches you need to pick up when you're turning the heel. Incredibly. Useful. Book.

And lastly, there are 10 log cabin blocks there. I made them earlier this afternoon, but I can't tell you too much about those, only that they're going to a new home, and they're going to be entirely unexpected. Enough said. In fact, I have probably said too much ...

What should I do this afternoon ... knit ... or sew down binding .... decisions decisions ...

10 comments:

Cathi said...

Wow...glad you like my knitting projects, lol! I have been reading Yarn Harlot now for a while and while some of the books I wasn't going to bother buying, Knitting Rules was the one I'd chosen for the knitting tips along with the humor...glad to hear the recommendation. I asked for it for my birthday, which is...tomorrow!!

Annette said...

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm so glad I found your blog. I cannot believe how quickly that quilt came together! My attempts are much more laborious and torturous....and result in yet more unfinished *stuff* thrown into my cupboards.
Watching the progress of this quilt has almost made me want to have yet another crack at your Faith of Friends quilt......almost! (It's a long sad story!!)
Love the Yarn Harlot...she is one of my must read blogs every day. Great sock btw!

Quilts And Pieces said...

That is my dilema every night, hand sew bindings, hand quilt, applique, go down and make more tops.... ahhh so hard to decide!

Darlene said...

Staying busy is so much fun, isn't it! Love "Bears in the Garden" - perfect name.

Shelina said...

There are so many beautiful things to make. You can't make a bad decision picking any one of them!

Jenni said...

They are nice socks Tazzie - thanks for helping with mine.

Mary Johnson said...

I seem to have trouble going back and forth between my yarn and my quilting - lately it's either all one or the other. I'm going to pull out some partial skeins of yarn to take with me the next few weeks on a couple trips and will work on some crochet squares for a Warm up America afghan.

Kairle Oaks said...

Your stocking is looking great. Won't it be fun to have a pair? lol!

Wendy said...

I love your socks. I'm finishing the toe on my sock. Then I will have a pair. It's so addicting...and yes I love Yarn Harlot's books, they are full of useful information.

Anonymous said...

Love that sock yarn - wonder if I have some in my stash? I'm not knitting until the weather cools down a bit. Love your oldest UFO too - it definitely needs finishing because it's so pretty. Maybe in your dotage :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails