Thursday, March 22, 2007

And it's quilted!

Ohhh thank heavens, it's quilted! I just finished up the last of the quilting five minutes before I had to go pick the kids up from kindy and school. I have really enjoyed quilting this project, but I don't enjoy having the time crunch so much, it would have been nice to have a little more time to relax about it. But having said that, I'm still just soooo happy with it. You can also just see a sneaky peek of my Sarah Johnson quilt there in the background. I'm sure I've shared that quilt with you all before.

This afternoon I have some chores to do, and I need to can some tomatoes we were given, so if I get a chance this evening, I'll pop the binding on after I pick Amy up from dance.

While at the quilt store yesterday, I picked up my new copy of Quilter's Companion, and while reading thru it last night, I was just so thrilled to see Bonnie's Quiltville website mentioned in the 'net fishing' article. They're doing a write up on places to find directions for string quilts, and Bonnie's site was the second site they mentioned. How fun, I always love to see our buddies names up in lights.

Well, that's it from me for today - chores are beckoning ... I'll chatter with you all later!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

You certainly achieve a lot Tazzie. I had a bit of time while sitting with a patient last night at work, so got some knitting done. Sock 1 is at heel turning point, so it will soon be taking shape.

Teodo said...

This quilt is fantastic.
ciao ciao

Joyce said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the blue border fabric.

sewprimitive karen said...

It looks so pretty, Tazzie!

Hanne said...

Very well done Tazzie - your quilt looks very good.

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks wonderful!

Rose Johnston said...

tazzie u have done a fantastic job in a short amount of time......ur quilt looks lovely......can u plz tell me how u quilted the borders??? its hard to tell from the pic and id like to know.......thnx!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Its wonderful! And that is exciting news about Bonnie's site! And boy, would I die for real garden tomatoes right about now! Spring is the most depressing time of year for me. I much prefer fall!

david santos said...

Hello, Tazzie!
This work is very good. thank you
have a good weekend

Helen in the UK said...

Love your Bears in the Garden quilt. Fresh colours and the flowers add an interesting twist to a traditional pattern :)

Valerie said...

Oooh your quilt is stunning - I loved it in blocks, but boy the quilting is what really just makes it wonderful! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails