Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dinosaurs

Today my friend Karen and I travelled to Spotlight - it's a store much like Joann's in the US. Karen was looking for a cot panel, and found a very cute flannel Winnie the Pooh fabric which would do just fine, and a back for it. She was super happy, and managed to get a bargain priced rotary cutter too.

I didn't really need anything, but happened upon this Dinosaur panel which was discounted to $6.00 (a bargain in Australia - remembering that fabric is generally around $25.00 per metre - which is about a yard and two or so inches). Fabrics are that bit cheaper at Spotlight, so sometimes you can be lucky and find just what you're looking for. I also found something which I thought would make a fun back for the panel. It's flannel and I only needed 1.2 metres at $4.99 a metre - another bargain. I also picked up a couple of fat quarters - one because I've almost entirely depleted my blue stash, and the other two because I always need background prints. I always run out of them fast. You can see that Holly came along to investigate, and scampered off just as I was taking the picture.

My purchases are not strictly in accordance with my fabric diet - but I've been so good for such a long time, so I won't feel any guilt. I decided I'd really like something mindless to do after having so many 'deadline' quilts on the go. I showed Cameron my purchases after I picked him up from Kindy - thinking he'd be thrilled. After all - he loved watching Prehistoric Park ... but you can't imagine what he said ... "Mum - but dinosaurs are soooooo scary ... I can't like it!" Exactly like that - I can't like it! Well, I'm going to make it up anyway, maybe it'll grow on him ... maybe ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he's anything like my daughter, Cameron will love the finished quilt just because YOU made it especially for HIM

love and hugs gina

jodie said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it, aren't kids funny?

Jodie

The Calico Cat said...

"I can't like it" How funny... I am sure that he will grow to like it - it is realistic, many little boys don't care for the ones that are babyish/cartoony...

Joyce said...

I'm sure he will love it eventually! It is very cute fabric.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tazzie- the quilt is looking good and your quilting is turning out great! I just don't remember you buying that fabric you are using on the back. :-)
Linda

swooze said...

Nice finds! Kids are so funny. Tomorrow will be another day!

tami said...

I like the flash of kitty in your picture. I have noticed that most of my pictures turn out that way now too, with a blur of gray. :cD

Linda C said...

Too cute that the kitty snuck in and then snuck out just as quickly, LOL.

Susan said...

That's a great panel, at a super price, and I think it's the same as a poster I had in my classroom! Make it, and hang on to it until he's in 2nd grade. He's almost sure to love it then. I don't think I had a boy in 2nd ever who wasn't nuts about dinosaurs, and they are more reality-centered then. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails