Friday, March 16, 2007

Still stitching!

I'm still stitching away on the new quilt, and here's where I'm up to! I have only to put the final border on, and I need to audition a couple of fabrics first. I'd really like to get the border sewn on tonight after netball, then I can go to the quilt store tomorrow and take advantage of their tables to pin the quilt. How fun!

No sign of Holly helping while I was laying out the quilt for you to see. I think she's sleeping in our bedroom. The house is very quiet - I haven't picked up Amy from school yet, and Cam has fallen asleep after a very busy play date this morning. It seems such a shame to wake him, I'll leave it to the last minute.

I must send out an apology - for some reason I haven't been getting emails from the comments on my blog - just for the past day or so - which has meant I haven't been able to respond to anything that seems like it needed an answer. I'll check them out a little later and hopefully be able to post any answers here.

The weekend is almost here, and I'm so looking forward to a little relax time. Have a great day everyone!

14 comments:

ForestJane said...

Ohh, so pretty! And that border just matches the border on your blog too... :)

I love how the hsts are mostly blues, and the little flowers come peeping out of the darker blue triangle. Who's this one for? From the last post, I was gathering that it's Holly's quilt. :D

Mary Johnson said...

Wow, you got this put together fast. I'm still plugging away on Pineapple blocks - it will take a while to make enough for a king size quilt!

Fiona said...

This has come together so quickly it has a really fresh look to it.

Julie said...

What a really pretty quilt. I just love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!

Darlene said...

Talk about Spring! It's definitely a breath of sunshine!

Quilts And Pieces said...

It looks so wonderful! A very happy quilt!

Lois R. said...

Beautiful quilt! And thanks for the peacock feather instructions. I'm going to have to try that next time...

Jeanne said...

I really like this one! The colors are great and it looks happy.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Lovely! You're working so quickly. Sorry about your over-sleeping yesterday - hope you recovered quickly.

Are you watching any cricket?

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks fabulous, i can't wait to see it with borders

love and hugs gina

mereth said...

This is so pretty and feminine and the colours are gorgeous.You seem to have done this fairly quickly,despite your feline helper.

The Calico Cat said...

WOw you work so quickly, makes my head spin just thinking about it! That quilt turned out lovely, I am sure that the final border will be perfect too!

Kairle Oaks said...

It gets more exciting to see your quilt progress each time I run through the blog ring. Such cheerful colors!
Kairle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails