Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Lake House

Last night I went to the movies with four of my girlfriends. We saw the Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. I really enjoyed it, and so did the others. Jane didn't really want to see it, but she was outvoted by the rest of us :-) She actually enjoyed it too. There were a few tears shed by a couple of us, some of the movie is quite sad. I won't give away any of the story in case anyone is planning on seeing it.

During the movie, they talked about the Jane Austen book, Persuasion. I hadn't ever read that book before, so I thought I'd pick it up today and have a read. I've read most of Jane Austen's books, and seen many of them that have made it to the large or small screen. I just love Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version) and Sense and Sensibility. While I was in the bookstore, right nearby I found a novella by Truman Capote - Breakfast at Tiffany's. Well, I just loved that movie too, so I had to get the book. I'll enjoy seeing how much it mirrors the movie.

Not much quilt related stuff happening here right now ... chores and life are getting in the way. I'm soooo looking forward to spending a little time with my dear little electrical friend Bernie ...

8 comments:

Cathi said...

Tazzie-

Persuasion is a great novel! And there is a lovely movie done of it as well, it is nearly my favorite Austen film adaptation (after BBC Pride & Prejudice miniseries with yummy Colin Firth). It is possibly a more subtle love story than P&P, but lovely as well!

Enjoy your read!

quiltpixie said...

wonder what kind of quilts Jane Austen envisioned in the houses of her characters....

Tonya Ricucci said...

Cathi beat me to it - recommending the marvelous movie of Persuation - the one with Kieran Hinds. Have to admit that I love to watch movie versions of the Austen novels, I've never managed to read one...

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, I think some down time from quilt making and quilting is good for all of us. Kind of like climbing a flight of stairs at times. Someone you can just run right up them, and at other times it takes resolve and an extra effort to make it..*VBS* And the time with friends, especially the girl friends, is priceless..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Susan said...

Persuasion is good, and if you liked the others, you will like it. BaT was a great movie, didn't realize it was a Capote book!

I love the dolphin quilt, still. =)

Quilts And Pieces said...

That was a good movie. I went this weekend to see The Devil Wears Prada and LOVED it - even more than Lake House. You have to go see it with your friends. I went out and go the book The Devil Wears Prada now to read also! Never read Persuassion, you'll have to let us know how it is.

Shelina said...

I've seen Devil Wears Prada but haven't seen Lake House. I wanted to see it, but my daughter won out. I think I'm going to have to wait for the video.

Eileen said...

My daughter and I saw Lake House last month. We loved it!
I have to put more Jane Austen on my "to read" list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails