Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Double Irish Chain

Yesterday was an unusual day. I didn't actually do any patchwork or quilting in any way at all! I dedicated myself to doing chores in the house, and last night when I would have normally had the chance to sew, we had some visitors, which was wonderful! Some friends of ours have been living in Beijing for a few years, and they have finally come home. They worked in the international school, and had wonderful tales of their adventures in the city, and on their vacations in the region during their holidays. What a fun evening!

Given that I showed you the little parcel that Donna sent me yesterday, I thought I'd share the Double Irish Chain table topper that I made for her. I made one for Karen too, but I only took pictures of one, they're both essentially the same. The idea is from Bonnie's website in the leaders and enders area, I'm amazed at how many of my scrap reduction projects come from there. I have now got enough squares cut to make a whole size quilt using this pattern, but I'll finish up some of these other projects I have on the go first. The squares I've used are 2.5", so the blocks finish at 10". The quilting was a super easy meander with this really pretty rayon variegated thread, and once again, I've used my 2" scrap strips for the binding.

11 comments:

Linda C said...

Well done, Tazzie. Really like those Atlantic Jewels you showed yesterday.

Joyce said...

What a great way to use up scraps. I have been collecting leaders and enders too and will soon have enough to do something with.Yours certainly inspires me.

quiltpixie said...

what a beautiful piece

Melanie said...

I love your color choices. In every quilt you show us, your color choices are always my favorites. Your patterns are great, but it is your color that bring your quilts to life....
that's not always easy to do...
Melanie

Unknown said...

I like your table topper. Great colors.

Lizzy

ForestJane said...

That turned out cute! I like the scrappy thrifty look more and more as I see everyone's different quilts. :)

mereth said...

You're right Tazzie, I only live two and a half hours north of you. I love your table toppers and runners, your colour sense is lovely. And I like the fabric you've used in the blocks, very effective. In fact, if I lived any closer I'd be tempted to come and pinch them!

Lucy said...

Again a great quilt with lovely fabrics.. It is so my taste !! Great job!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

What a lovely gift to make! It really is so charming. And, glad to hear that you had fun with your friends!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Gail said...

Really nice table topper, the others are right, your color choices are excellent.

Mary Johnson said...

I love the scrappiness of this table topper. One day I want to make a scrappy double Irish Chain like this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails