Friday, January 12, 2007

Ziggin' and Zaggin'

Good morning friends, I can't believe how fast this week has gone. I had not planned for a couple of days between posts, but you know how life can just get in the way! I have been working away at my projects, and I'm super happy to report that ...

... the Zig Zag Nine Patch quilt top is done! I'm entirely thrilled with how it's come out, and I thoroughly enjoyed the process of putting it all together. Just super fun seeing all those old fabrics again in the scraps and reminiscing about what they went in. This quilt has some scraps from my first ever project from 1992. Hard to imagine that I still have that fabric in my stash! Linda tells me she's sending some more 9 patches, so I think I may just make another one. So, I can now cross this project off my goals for this month!

My second finish for this month is my first ever pair of socks. I almost completed the second sock while we were at the beach house. I got to the point of decreasing for the toe on my way home, and then put them aside for a little. The final cast off was done on Wednesday evening.

Rather than starting on a whole new pair of socks (which is what I'm super tempted to do) I decided to cast on for the watermelon hat. I think I included a link a couple of posts ago ... it's from the Yarn Harlot's blog. I've knitted the first green bands, and judging by what I've done so far, I think it'll fit about a 6 month old baby, so when I'm done I may just make another a little smaller for a newborn. That may have to be a goal for next month. Now that Cam's seen it, he wants one too, so before winter I'll have to make one each for my kids too! No matter, it's mega cute, and I've decided to use black beads for the seeds, rather than the black stitches. I'll post a picture when there's something more to see.

Off to meet Jane at the village shortly. I have to get some groceries ... and some supplies ... we may have a new addition to our little family this weekend ... a gingery fur-person ... more news as it breaks!

21 comments:

Angie said...

It's great to know that Cam is okay! And your Zig-Zag Nine Patch is wonderful, Tazzie!! I just love those simple, traditional patterns so much. Great job, girlfriend! ;p

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee, you're almost as fast as Bonnie!!! Great quilt top.

Dianne said...

LOVE the zig-zag top, Cynthia. And can't wait to see the watermelon hat. I think that pattern is just wonderful. Great idea to use black beads for the seeds, too...be sure to post a pic!

Darlene said...

Love your Zig Zag and the socks are terrific!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love, love, love how your zig zag turned out!

Susan said...

The zig-zag quilt looks great! I love the way it turned out. The socks are cool, too. Of course, I'm betting you aren't wearing them a lot right now. =)

I'm staying tuned for cat news!

May Britt said...

Love it !
Think I have to start making nine patches now to reduce my oldes fabric stash.

Fiona said...

The zig zag looks really good - and put together super fast too!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, you are one fast mama--and I mean that in a good way! Your ZZ9P turned out great--as do ALL your projects. Can't wait to "meet" the new gingery fur-person---or is that fur-purrson?

Pink and Barbara said...

Nice quilt! I really like the zig-zag effect...and ofcourse made of those lovly scraps!

The Calico Cat said...

OO OO O Gingery fur person sounds cute already...

Nice socks & zig zag quilt.

Clare said...

Do you ever stop toe draw breath LOL. Lovely quilt and can't wait to meet Ginger Fur Person.

BTYW are you still up for doing me some red and white blocks?

Melanie said...

What's the finsihed size? Have you got plans for the cozy one? I know what you mean about life being busy. This is my kind of quilt.

tami said...

I absolutely love the zig zag quilt and you finished it so quickly. What a great way to use up stash.
The socks are great too. I bought some yarn to make some before Christmas, but I haven't had time to make them yet. You have motivated me to get started on them.

Laurie Ann said...

That zig zag quilt is great! You sure put it together fast. Good job!

Anne K. said...

Love, love, love the nine-patch quilt. There's nothing like a scrappy nine-patch to make a gal smile, and it always amazes me how many ways there are to use them. Terrific!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy and your projects are wonderful. That zigzag quilt is going on my list!

Rebecca

Quilting Kim said...

Your zig-zag 9-path is just gorgeous - great job.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Congrats on finishing your zig zag 9 patch - I just love quilts with lots of scraps from previous projects - lots of memories, I agree! Great socks too - I don't blame you for wanting to start another pair right away!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Shelina said...

This quilt is great. Congratulations on finishing, and for reducing your stash. Be sure to attach the beads on really tight, you don't want the baby to choke on them!

Unknown said...

What a fantastically fun quilt! I LOVE it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails