Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goals for Jan & 2007

I spent some time quilting this morning ... finished all the feathered wreaths, and worked at a little meandering. I told myself I'd keep going until the bobbin ran out and then have a rest ... quilting such a big quilt is tough on the arms. So now I'm thinking of some goals for this month, and for the year.

First up, how did I go with last month's goals:
  • Start quilting Winnie the Pooh quilt
  • Finish up gifts for Xmas
  • Write directions and send off Winchester quilt
  • Make twelve DJ blocks
  • Start assembling zig zag nine patch blocks
As you well know, the Winnie the Pooh quilt is now on the road to completion, but I didn't get to it in December. I'm not beating myself up over it though, I set myself a pretty hectic schedule with the Christmas Gifts I made, and frankly, they were the most important to me. The Zig Zag Nine patch blocks can go onto this month's list while I decide what red fabric I'd like to use. I'm thinking about one I picked up at Hancocks of Paducah. All in all, a pretty darn good job!

So, here are my goals for January:
  • Complete Winnie the Pooh quilt
  • Piece Zig Zag Nine Patch top
  • Put USA blocks together
  • Make eight DJ blocks
  • Knit Watermelon hat for SIL's baby
Just five things again, and hopefully achievable. I've put them in the order I'd like to complete them, though I feel sure I'm going to be tempted by the Watermelon Hat ... go take a looky and see if you don't fall in love with it too :-) Amy has declared it gorgeous and placed her order. Fortunately we're in the grip of a hot summer here, so her need is not pressing!

I set a couple of goals for 2007 also ... only two ...

  • Complete all pre-2006 UFO's (don't panic - there are only 3)
  • Pass the 100 block mark on the 30's DJ quilt
Let's see how I go! 2007 ... bring it on!

Lastly, thank you all so much for your lovely comments about my feathered wreath quilting. I'm quite overwhelmed! I have to say that if you look up close it's not amazing, I'll show you a close up picture tomorrow. My stitches where I have to run over other stitches are kind of bumpy. I have just been using Bernie, my faithful home machine. I don't have a long arm, though I'd gladly give a long arm machine a good home! I must also say that I haven't just whipped the wreaths up freehand, I marked the design on the quilt and followed the line as best I could ... and you could say I 'coloured outside the lines' quite a bit ... but still, I'm thrilled with my first efforts, and though not easy, they weren't as hard as I thought they'd be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I can't go in a straight line quilting on my machine I think the feathers are amazing! I'm taking a machine quilitng course in Febuary though so that may help...

Angie said...

Tazzie, you've done an excellent job! I ALWAYS color outside the lines. LOL
Quilty Hugs, girlfriend!

KC Quilter said...

I love, love, love your feather quilting, girlfriend! And I can attest---quilting straight lines on the Bernie is TOUGH. Great job by you!

Darlene said...

Tazzie the feather wreath is awesome - good job!

Happy New Year my friend! I didn't get to visit in 2006 so maybe I'll visit in 2007. This will give you a little more time to finish "my" blue quilt. LOL ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails