Thursday, January 25, 2007

And another breakthrough!

It's finished. Yes, don't adjust your screen, you read that correctly! The Winnie The Pooh quilt is finally finished! Long time readers will know how I've struggled with this project, and now that it's done I really don't know why I had such mental struggles with it.

I guess maybe it was the series of mini-hurdles. Not enough navy fabric to finish the borders. The size of it daunted me with regard to machine quilting. Running out of bobbin thread, and then running out of top thread.

But it's all behind me now, I've finished it, and even Cameron is thrilled. I sewed the last binding stitches down last night watching the mens quarter finals in the Aust Open Tennis. Such a good game, I was enthralled.

Today Amy has a friend over for a play-date, and later we have to go pay for her school books and fees for the year. I don't know how much stitching I'll get done today, but I'm looking forward to doing more work on my USA Memories quilt. Have a wonderful day everyone!

17 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

Yeah! You did it - well done. I went to one of our better book stores today to look for the magazine that your pattern is in - came out empty handed. They couldn't even tell me whether they'd ordered it or not - useless I say, useless!

Jenni said...

Well done Tazzie. 'Finished' is fantastic. Thanks for the email on the white fabric.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

It looks great. I know if I had found that fabric I would have just made a traditional baby type quilt - but this one has real surprise. Wow!!!!

ForestJane said...

WTG! and job well done. :) I like how the colors of your triangles pick up the colors in the pooh blocks. :)

Oh, and my boss is interested in possibly getting some rolls of nickles from you... or 5 cent pieces, whatever you call them... lol

Do you have a paypal account? That way we could pay for the nickles and the newspaper and shipping all at once. ;)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I bet you are sooo happy! And Cameron must be happy too!

Silverthimble said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

Fiona said...

Well done, always to a good feeling to have a finish.

Unknown said...

Its beautiful - well worth all the angst :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks wonderful.

Hanne said...

Very well done Tazzie! :-)

Melanie said...

I just love it... you have to feel so good about the completion. Did you long arm quilt it? Or you 'old faithful'?

KC Quilter said...

Wow, that turned out so beautifully! Congrats on another job well done.

Laurie Ann said...

Good job! I just finished a similar project. Put off the final piece for a year because I thought it would be so hard and then when I got to it, I finished it right up!

Sharon said...

I hope this comment is not duplicated. . .my computer is going bonkers! Your quilt is absolutely beautiful! What a great job you did. . . and how terrific to be finished. Keep up the wonderful work.

tami said...

Great job. There are always some projects that just hang on. I'm so happy for you that you finished it.

Unknown said...

Done! What a great feeling to cross another project off the list. It looks great.

Hedgehog said...

Slowly getting caught up with blogs - this post certainly made me stop in my speedy tracks! Way to go!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails