Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Scrap Boxes

Yesterday I didn't sew a single thing. Not a scrap ... nothing ... nada. What a strange day for me! I didn't really have lots of chances, but also I just didn't feel like it!

Cameron started back at Kindy yesterday, and he had a great afternoon. He found it a little tricky to grasp that some of the slightly older kids he'd played with before have gone on to school. Kindy time would have been prime 'me' time in the past, but since Amy doesn't start back at school until next week, I took her shopping and then to a sleepover at one of her friends homes.

After picking Cam up from Kindy, and since Marty had the day off, we travelled to Spotlight - he has been making a cat tree/scratcher, and wanted to get some fluffy or carpet like fabric to cover the perches. We found what he was looking for right near the quilting fabrics, and I was not tempted to buy a single thing. I did look ... but I have to confess I don't like to fabric shop while he's around ...

And when we got home it was time to do dinner and a little laundry ... so I didn't really have an opportunity to sew until after Cam went to bed. Instead of sewing, I decided to cut up some more of my scraps from recent projects and bits and pieces in my fabric boxes. I didn't plan to do heaps, but cut until 11.30pm (with a small break for making lunches for the next day). You see my scrap boxes in the picture. I have 1.5" strips, 2" strips, 2.5" strips, 2.5" squares, and 3.5" strips. I do have some other boxes of scraps, but they're 10.5" backing pieces, and other Thimbleberries scraps. I have so much Thimbleberries stuff left over from club projects etc that I keep them separate.

Now I just need to start working these scraps into some more quilts. I'm always amazed at how much sewing you can do will not much of a visible dent in the stash. I'm determined to keep at it, I know I'll see results some day!

11 comments:

Silverthimble said...

By the looks of your overflowing bins, you had a very productive day cutting up scraps. You are ready for the next scrap project!

ForestJane said...

Ah, but now that you have so many strips pre-cut, just think of how fast the sewing will go. :)

May Britt said...

It seems to me that you had a productive day!!

Carol said...

No sewing but you certainly were very productive! You'll be ready to speed sew with all those strips.

Melanie said...

Sounds like you've been busy. Everyday life does that. Great scraps...You've still got time to create a Valentine Memory...

Angie said...

Wow, girlfriend, you got a lot done! Like I said before, I really wish you could bottle your energy and motivation---I'd definitely being buying! LOL

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun cutting! I love to sit and cut like that when it is easy!

tami said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished. It will make the sewing that much faster when you sit down to do it.
What are you making for a kitty tree/scratcher? Ours need a new one so they can climb higher. Misty keeps trying to climb cabinets and I would rather she climbed a taller perch.

Eileen said...

Looks like you made real progress, but how much of a dent did you put in the stash with all the cutting? lol
I love your little kitty-hubby doesn't want any pets right now, so I just enjoy other peoples'.

Helen said...

Yep, that stash just seems to keep on multiplying while you weren't looking! That's my experience!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I just love a scrap bin overflowing with cut scraps!!! Oh, the possibilities! And I just know you are going to make many lovely quilts from these scraps.

Cheers!

Evelyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails