Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And I'm quilting!

I just couldn't wait to show you this picture, I'm quilting away on the Winnie the Pooh quilt! And I'm loving it! Is it because it was such a long time coming, or is it because I'm machine quilting feathered wreaths for the first time ever, and they're looking great!?!

I've hand quilted feathers before, not hard at all ... but machining them, and on such a large quilt ... well, I'm just thrilled! I'll do the feathers in the setting squares first, and I'll decide on the other stuff as I go. I feel sure this quilt will be a UFO no longer! I'll have quite a bit of time to quilt today, so let's see how far I get.

Tonight we're taking Cam and Amy to the movies to see 'A Night at the Museum'. I'm really looking forward to it, we've been planning to see it ever since we saw the first preview. This will be Cam's first time at the movies ever. We've been reluctant to take him before now, as he's such an active kid, we weren't sure he'd be able to sit still that long. I'll let you know how he goes.

Still no list of goals for me just now. I will set aside some time to plan some out really soon. Clearly I need to set a goal to set some goals :-)

Off to face the day now ... the sooner the chores are done ... the sooner I'm quilting!

11 comments:

jodie said...

Looks Awesome Tazzie. I like your comment about setting a goal to set some goals. Suffering the same problem here.

Jodie

Fiona said...

What! They are your first machine feathers! Magnifique!

Bonnie said...

Your quilting is wonderful! Are you doing this on a regular sewing machine? Or do you use a long-arm to quilt? If you are doing it on a regular machine, then I am doubly impressed.

Angie said...

Oh Tazzie, they are so lovely! You're doing an awesome job...and please do tell us, are you doing them on a home sewing machine? Cause if you are, then girlfriend, I'm with Bonnie and doubly impressed! Awesome, sugar!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I hope Cam likes the movies! And your feathered wreaths are beautiful! I love them!

Helen said...

Lovely Quilting. Can you come over to my place and do some for me by any chance? (smile)

Patti said...

Your feather wreath looks perfect - very professional! I find it hard to believe that this is the first time you've done them by machine. I think feathers are some of the most tricky things to do because of the need for so much "restitching". Yes - this won't be a UFO for much longer!

Please let us know how you like the movie.

1chartfp@comcast.net

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Your feathered wreaths are wonderful! I can see this is going to be quite a special quilt.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oooohhh, feathered wreaths! Want to come and visit me and teach me to do that? Please - pretty please? I so want to learn to do those. What a great quilting design for a nice big open space. How big is the square that the wreath is quilted in?

Mary Johnson said...

The feathered wreath quilting looks great - you're doing a beautiful job.

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm a little late here but your feathered wreaths look fantastic. This quilt will be a knockout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails