Thursday, January 04, 2007

Zig Zag Nine Patch

I didn't have an opportunity to get to the store yesterday to purchase more of the bobbin thread so I could continue quilting, so instead I decided to start work on the next item on my list.

This is the Zig Zag Nine Patch that Linda and I have been trading nine patches for. I guess we've been trading for about a year now. I love the scrap quilts we make together. This is one of Bonnie Hunter's leader and ender projects.

Linda sent me the background fabric some time ago, it was from Carolea's (who have now sadly closed). The red fabric in the setting triangles is from Hancocks of Paducah from their famous back room when I visited in May. Gosh I purchased a lot of fabric from them ... and I know I would have purchased more if I didn't start thinking about my luggage weight.

It's super hot here today (40c) so I'm going to stay indoors as much as possible, and do a lot of stitching. I'm really looking forward to see how the pattern develops as I add the rows. I'll keep you posted!

11 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I am anxious to see how this scrappy nine patch turns out! I love the look so far!

Toni said...

I like that scrappy nine patch...and the red really sets it off...cant wait to see more...you are so lucky to have summer...Toni

Angie said...

I love what I see so far, girlfriend! Can't wait to see more of it! And I agree with Toni, the red really makes it pop. :)

Darlene said...

It's really looking great. Love the red for the setting triangles.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is looking good - I like Bonnie's patterns too. Ah, the hot dry Adelaide summer - I miss it!

KC Quilter said...

Love your zigzag nine-patch! My kind of quilt!!!

The Calico Cat said...

NEAT! (That is definately a WHIMM of mine...)

Quilts And Pieces said...

It looks so wonderful! I love it! But then all of Bonnie's patterns are so wonderful!

Patti said...

Tazzie, you make me laugh! Isn't that the truth - we get just what we need to finish a project then secumb to the siren song of a different project! I've always loved the zigzag setting - I think because so many quilters never use it. To me it's so much more interesting than blocks and sashing. Great setting for your scrappy nine patches - this is going to be a dynamite quilt!

1chartfp@comcast.net

Ms. Jan said...

Another fabulous quilt! Carolea's was absolutely overwhelming. A great loss to the quilting community.

Jenni said...

Looks great Tazzie. It amazes me how you get so much done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails