Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three rows

Finally, I have finished all the blocks (except for the one I'm going to take one corner off and do a quick fabric change). What a relief! The triangle corners weren't hard to do, but just endless - because of all the tricky bias edges I pinned as I went which seemed to make it take ages!

Last night I wanted to see if I could put all the rows together, and because there were a couple of good games to watch on the Aussie Open Tennis, I thought I'd have a pretty good chance to get it done. In the picture you can see how far I got - three rows assembled.

It was quarter past midnight, and I just ran out of energy and had to go to bed. I don't even know if Roger Federer won his game - but I'm thinking it's unlikely he lost. But back to the quilt - when I put the first row together with the sashing strips, I thought I had made a terrible mistake. It looked all wrong. I decided to plug on regardless, and now I'm happy that I did - the fabric has really grown on me, and I love the 'pop' of the pink cornerstones. I'm not sure that this quilt will actually have a border - I had envisioned it without one, but I'll see if I change my mind. I'll definitely be binding it with one of the darker purple reproduction prints - one that I used a lot in my Sisters Choice Medallion quilt.

Well - it's getting late in the morning here, and I haven't had breakfast - my body is calling for a morning coffee, and I'm going to oblige it. I'll chatter to you all soon!

25 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty!

Deborah Levy said...

WOW! I am not a piecer, but I love that pattern! Maybe I can get Mary to make it for me???

Paula said...

I love the way this quilt is going. So pretty! Great job.

Maria said...

I like the pink corners squares too, the quilt will be gorgeous when you finished it. I think a dark border will suit it.

loulee said...

You really do have a knack for choosing just the right fabrics. Those pink stones are perfect, I love em.

Ali Honey said...

It's looking beautiful. The touch of red is just right!

Melanie said...

Amazing how the pink corner blocks make it just pop out!

Joyce said...

Very nice. Last time I did a quilt with a lot of bias seams I tried Elmer's School Glue and really liked it. No pinning and no stretching.

Anonymous said...

This beautiful quilt looks very vintage. I've enjoyed "watching" you make it.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like the sashing and the pink cornerstones. This is turning out very nicely. I hope you are bouncing back from your late night!

SubeeSews said...

I understand when the piecing seems endless and it does seem to be when I have to pin. And it is also a fact that it happens when I am tired.
That said; your quilt is so beautiful. The fabric choices are perfect. I cannot wait to get this pattern.
XOXOXO Subee

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Stunning! Oh I can't wait to see it all together and quilted...it will be beautiful!

Michele said...

This is just adorable! Nicely done! Thanks for sharing the process with us all.

Hugs!

simplestitches said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Can you tell me the name of the block used? Love the colours, my favourite! Can't wait to see it all finished.
cheers Julz

Sølvis blog said...

You are really creating a beauty there.

sewkalico said...

This is a very interesting design. I can't wait to see it finished.

Katie Z. said...

Just loverly. I've enjoyed seeing it at every stage of development!

Narelle said...

It's soooo prett!
Can't wait to see it in full and complete.

Narelle said...

Oooops! That would be pretty!

Marj said...

Love the stars and the setting. I also have enjoyed watching your design process. let us all know when it get publised somewhere.

*karendianne. said...

Like Marj, I also enjoyed watching the design process. I'd make this one for sure. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pop of pink! Great looking quilt!

2ne said...

This was wery nice - I like the colors :-) Have a good week

Gita said...

Love your "Purple Stars"!

KyQuiltlady said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I like the red cornerstones.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails