Monday, January 05, 2009

Could take a while ...

I've been slowly plugging away at the components for the 'purple stars' blocks. I don't have huge amounts of purple fabric, so some of the time has been spent hunting down pieces from my stash that will be suitable. I have to make up 100 of these units for the stars - I guess I'm around two thirds done now. I'm really looking forward to putting some more blocks together.

I haven't been idle however - I talked about pinning a quilt in my last post - and true to my word, that quilt has been pinned, quilted, and I've machine sewed the binding on for my customer. All she needs to do is hand sew the binding down.


And yesterday, my friend Kath, Amy and I went to Harbour Town for a little retail therapy. I found this cute little pair of slides that had to come home with me. Aren't they adorable, and super comfortable too. They were on sale in a huge way - 80% off, so it would have been irresponsible to leave them at the store, right?? :-)

I'm heading back to the sewing room now, I'll check back in soon.

8 comments:

dot said...

Those shoes are just adorable. I certainly would have purchased them also. Enjoy them or send them my way. Your choice.

Dianne said...

The purple units are looking good, Tazzie. And you're making such good progress!

Love the shoes...and 80% off! It would have been criminal negligence to leave them!

loulee said...

Cute shoes. I'd have had 'em too.

Looking forward to seeing more stars.

Ruth's Place said...

The shoes are gorgeous,they would have come home with me too, and I hate shoe shopping!

Love the star block, I'm looking forward to seeing that one as a quilt.

Darcie said...

They are SUPER cute!!! We would have been very disappointed in you if you wouldn't have purchased them, Taz! lol (Are there more?!)

*karendianne. said...

Umm, shoes, hello! Yum. Totally totally cute. Can't wait to take those on an outing.

AverettLadyNana said...

LOVE the slides...no way I would have left the store without them if they had them in my size!!! 80% off what a deal!!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh those shoes are too cute for words! Can't wait to see the purple star quilt..if you lived closer, I'd be happy to share my purples with you :c)

Bonnie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails