Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Amy's Fairy Quilt

Even though I'm pretty sure that I shared this a very long time ago, I just thought I'd give you another looky at Amy's fairy quilt that you saw the sneak peek of in my last post.

This was the first ever bed size quilt that I entirely hand pieced and quilted, and I was entirely thrilled with it. In the picture the quilt was just finished and hadn't even seen use on Amy's bed.

The quilt has definitely seen better days, and when I have a chance, I'll show you what it's looking like these days.

This morning I painted the cornices in Amy's room - they're now returned from the pink that they were to a crisp white. Should look lovely with the sage green that the room will ultimately be painted. Because it's 41c (106f) today, the paint dried in about 45 seconds, so I was able to paint around twice in no time. Now it's back to the sewing room and keeping cool.

10 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I haven't seen this quilt myself so thanks for sharing it again. What a pretty mix of pinks and boy isn't that gorgeous quilting! Glad the painting is going so well but whew, it's hot!

Teresa said...

Gosh that is a pretty quilt. I see beautiful handquilting like that I am so inspired to get busy and do some myself. My problem is my stitches on the underside are never as big as my stitches on the topside, making the quilting pattern hard to see on the back side of the quilt. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Winona said...

Tazzie,
What a beautiful quilt! I love that you hand pieced and hand quilted it. I am a hand quilter, but I machine piece. Good luck with your daughter's room. Winona

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely quilting. I don't often hand quilt and when I do, am always surprised at how relaxing it is (shows the state of my memory LOL). Looking forward to the finished room.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe, beautiful quilt.

Joyce said...

Gorgeous quilt! I can't imagine that kind of heat. It was -40 here this morning. What a contrast!

Helen said...

Very nice quilting. Quilts are meant to be used, aren't they?

Sølvis blog said...

You did a great job on that one.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your pink quilt is so beautiful. Love the pretty soft colors, the great quilting, the nice border, the ruffled edges. Everything is great.

starrynightquilter said...

This pink quilt is so lovely...and your quilting very nice. I am of course always drawn to stars, but lately keep thinking pink - so maybe it is time I did a pink and white quilt.
Good job!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails