Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where is the week going?

Heavens, Thursday is almost finished already? Where does the week go? And why does it always go there so fast?

Well, given today is Thursday, that means that today I spent some more time at the quilt store *yay* :-) A couple of students and some more time to spend on the lovely Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I've included a picture for you to have a looky at. Sorry it's not so clear, it's a cell phone picture - and an inexperienced operator *lol*

A nice lady made the blocks up, and she has been unwell, so the shop offered to make it up for her. Over the past three Thursdays I've been cutting up all the bits, trimming the blocks to size, and now sashing all the pieces together. There is one row of blocks to add, and then the borders. I'm looking forward to getting to the quilting, that will be a lot of fun.

And another little bit of show and tell from the shop. Each term I try and give the girls a pattern they can work up with their scraps, and this mat is one that Robyn has put together. I think she made six altogether, and they look just lovely. Last term they worked on the 'Among the Evergreens' table runners, and some of the blocks were put into Maureen's quilt. I have Robyn's table runner at home right now, I've recently quilted it for her, so I'll try and remember to take a picture to share with you.


And last of all, because I just can't help myself, some of the spare Shoo Fly blocks I made the other day have been made into coasters, and they're in the Etsy store. I'm loving all the quilting practice I'm getting. Today has been a piecing and quilting day ... and tomorrow I must applique!

4 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun coasters! And that scrap matt is adorable too. LOVE that binding fabric on it! How nice to finish off the sunbonnet sue quilt for the lady! That is really sweet!

Yvonne said...

Great projects...I love all those scrappys. Really nice to finish that Sue for her....quilters are the best!

kcdi said...

All three are wonderful projects! I love the quilting on the coasters, great job!

~Bren~ said...

How wonderful that the SBS will be finished. I am sure the nice lady is grateful. It truly is beautiful. I love the mat and coasters. Wonderful quilting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails