Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bits and Pieces

It has been a bit of an odd weekend here at Chez Tazzie. Marty, Amy and Cameron all have a cold/flu. Amy and Cam have been to the doctor for medication, but Marty is trying to tough it out, I predict he'll be at the doctors by tomorrow. It's a guy thing, hang out until the last minute. I have to confess I'm entirely over the whole winter cold business. Cam has been home most of the week, and Amy and Marty have both had Thursday and Friday off work/school. I'm feeling like I need a few minutes to myself - and when I think it, I feel selfish.

On a different note - Amy's dance school had their concerts on Friday night and Saturday afternoon, she was determined that she wanted to get through them both. I had my doubts, but she was a trooper and made it through. With the two concerts and one rehearsal, it meant that I had 9 hours of uninterrupted knitting time, and I managed to get a scarf made up for Amy. She had selected two balls of chenille style yarn, and with the most plain of stitches, it has made up a very warm snuggly scarf.

Yesterday after dance I had a bit of a tidy up, and then a veg session, and today I made up some more sewing machine mats. If I get the chance, tonight after dinner I'll start quilting on a customer quilt. I wonder if I keep myself entirely busy I'll manage to keep the germs at bay and not succumb myself? I'm sure I can do it!

5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Love the scarf. It looks quite snugly and is sure to keep any future colds at bay.

Melanie said...

Hope you don't catch it!!! Drink plenty of Orange juice!!!

Cathi said...

Scarf and mats look great. Hope you don't get the cold, momma's aren't allowed to be sick you know :P

Debi said...

Sorry to hear your family is ill. Your scarf looks wonderful.

Fiona said...

Hope you don't get the virus! I wouldn't feel selfish about wanting some time to yourself - everyone needs that once in a while.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails