Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sneaky Peek

Here is a quick sneaky peek at what I've been working on this morning. This is a start toward a medallion quilt I designed a little while back, and since Sisters Choice blocks are among my favourites, why not give them pride of place.

I had planned to start working on this quilt long before now, but you know how life and other projects can get in the way. It's also the quilt that Australian Patchwork and Quilting requested last month but I just couldn't manage. I now have a new deadline for October, which is so much more achievable right now.

Something else I need to think about is whether or not I will put an entry in our guild show this year. The show is in November and I have entered every year for about the past six years, so I'm feeling like I should, but I'm not sure what I'd like to enter. I have until next month to think about it, so I'll pop my thinking cap on. Last year I entered the miniature, so maybe I'll do another one. Decisions decisions ...

Almost time to pick up the kids from school and take Amy to the physio ... better run, see you soon! x o x

16 comments:

Cathi said...

Looks like a good start for a new quilt. How cool that Australian P&Q commission you to do quilts, not just turn in patterns on spec!

You should definitely do another minature quilt or a wallhanging for the quilt show!!

May Britt said...

Your stars are beutiful. Looking forward to see the next round on the medallion quilt. I have soooooo many ideas in my head now, so I am so looking forward to get better in my arm again. This is not only pain in my arm, but pain in my brain too LOL I want to sew!!!!!!!!

Melanie said...

Your blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see the finished quilt. Looks like you've been busy.

Unknown said...

I'm loving these blocks--lots of personality.

CONNIE W said...

Pretty blocks and soon to be a pretty quilt.

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks and the fabrics! Be sure and do a quilt for the show!

Debi said...

Stars are my favorite and I really like this block. Your fabric choices are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

The blocks look great, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Laurie Ann said...

Love how those blocks are looking! And is that a new font on your header? Very cool!

Andrea said...

Sisters choice is a great favourite of mine too. In fact I have just made a pastel baby quilt with the blocks. Pictures on my blog. I hope you do make another miniature - it's fun to watch it progressing !

Anonymous said...

AP&Q arrived today. I LOVE the bear paw block and who would have thought it would look so different with the addition of a simple little flower? Great job again :-)

Alisa said...

I like them! I have yet to make a sister's choice block... and I'm not sure why.

Kairle Oaks said...

You're a busy girl, Tazzi!!! I love your Sister's Choice blocks. I have a bunch made in pink and brown...maybe I should pull them out and work on them!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun! Another one to look forward to!

Lucy said...

I love it!!

Susan said...

That's my favorite block! I look forward to seeing your whole quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails