Thursday, August 23, 2007

More Sisters Choice blocks

Twelve Sisters Choice blocks down, four to go. They're all cut out and ready to sew. I just need to find a few spare minutes to put them together.

I really love the cream and black plaid fabric in the corners of three of the blocks. I'm going to try and find some more - most of the fabrics I've used in these blocks were only small pieces.

Once the blocks are done, I'll start work on the applique centre panel and the first applique border. I'm loving how this project is coming along!

Today (and yesterday) I worked all day at the quilt store. Today was really fun, I did some work on a quilt for a customer. It's a lovely Sunbonnet Sue project, the lady did the applique, and she's unwell, so we're putting the rest together for her. I wish I took a picture - maybe next week I'll remember. It's made with the most lovely pinks and the applique is something to see!

Better run - it's time to take Amy to dancing. I promise to post something more newsy soon! x o x

14 comments:

loulee said...

Your blocks look good. Very pretty colours.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good ....looking forward to the finished top........

Gail said...

The top is looking so good, can't wait for the finished project.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh they are looking wonderful!

Darlene said...

Love those blocks!

Floss said...

The blocks are coming together nicely. I also love the plaid fabric.

Kairle Oaks said...

OOOOH...and appliqued center! Won't that look wonderful?!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie, the blocks look good, love the colors and the plaid. Hope you can get a picture of the Sunbonnet quilt and how nice of you to put it together for her.

swooze said...

Your quilt looks lovely! Can't wait to see the final product!

Unknown said...

Love the quilt! The colours are gorgeous! I am working on a Sisters Choice too. Pics over on my blog

Jeanne said...

Love your sisters choice blocks. I'm anxious to see the finished quilt.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Very nice, and I don't think 6 yards on sale constitutes a break of diet, more the one chocolate bar reward that stops you going off the diet completely!! Tracey

Helen in the UK said...

Those blocks are looking great :)

Unknown said...

I love this as it's coming together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails