Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Star Happy

This evening I have made a tiny start on the 'Star Happy' quilt Linda and I will be making together. Not much progress so far, but I have done a lot of the cutting. This project will use a great many 6.5", 3.5" and 2" squares and strips, so I've plundered the scrap boxes already. It was fun to do a little piecing of my own, so I will look forward to when I have a chance to do some more work on it.

Next on my agenda for today is to pack lunches etc for tomorrow, and then I'll hopefully still have time to pin a quilt for tomorrow morning. It's 'all quilting - all the time' here!

And on the kitty front, Gracie is just fine after her 'little procedure', and though the vet suggested we need to keep her quiet and not bouncing around too much, we haven't been able to achieve it. Better run ... TTYL :-)

14 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

you have 1 more block than me done... :o)

Karen said...

I have always liked this star pattern by Judy Martin but have not made it. It's been in my quilt book/pattern library for a good while. I'm sure you will enjoy making it.

loulee said...

Pretty little stars. I'm a sucker for blues.

Great to hear that Gracie is well aftre her visit to the vets.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Very pretty. What a great colour combo!

Quilts And Pieces said...

You always have something fun you are working on!

*karendianne. said...

Totally love the color combo. I have seen this book around but never really picked it up. Its a good one, ha?

Pam said...

Great pattern!! Can't wait to see it finished. It does look like it would be a perfect pattern for scraps.

YankeeQuilter said...

Love star quilts. Shouldn't vets know better than to think you could keep a kitten quiet?! Gracie looks like my old cat Sasha!

quiltygal said...

Love star quilts love cream & blue quilts oooohhhh feel another project nooooo got to resist.....
Claire

Teresa said...

Love the stars and fabrics...gonna be a nice quilt.

Shelina said...

I love that book - so many beautiful quilts in it. Your fabric choices are wonderful. It is going to be a lovely quilt.

Malagueta said...

I love that book, too. I made a quilt for my daughter (pre-birth) with lime green for the background of all the stars.

Mary Johnson said...

I love these blocks and the fabrics. I've just about decided that my next star quilt will be wonky stars but a sawtooth star is still in the running.

Kucki68 said...

I am just about to start on my Star Happy, too. I finally figured out what to do with some of my fabric, yeah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails