Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Bernie

Canadian Gail left a comment the other day asking to see a picture of my sewing machine - to help her with inspiration to finish a quilt. I'm always happy to oblige, so here it is.

I have a Bernina, I can't remember exactly how long I've had her, but I'd say around 10 years. Bernie is so reliable and strong, it'd be a very hard decision to replace her. You see in the picture that I'm finishing the outside border on Maureen's quilt - I took the picture yesterday, and I have now given her the quilt - she just loves it!

Gail, I hope this gives you the inspiration you need to work on your quilt. Lovely quilting can be done on your regular machine, it just takes practice.

And in other news - yesterday I booked our tickets to the US. I'm really excited about our trip now. I also got the theme park passes the kids were really looking forward to (and me too!), so our planning is starting now. We will fly into San Francisco, spend some time with friends, and then travel down to Anaheim and start the kiddy part of our adventure. After two weeks, Marty and Cam will head home, and Amy and I will stay on another week for some serious quilty fun. Can't wait!

I have to get back to work - my quilty work really has me head down and bottom up right now. TTYL x o x

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I can't believe you quilt like that without a long arm! Amazing!

Have a great time in California! That's where I'm from -- in fact I'm heading out there in May myself to see my mother (who lives 5 min from the SF airport) and daughters (who live in Silicon Valley). I used to live in the greater LA area, but prefer the Bay Area.

Unknown said...

A Bernina is a thing of beauty and a joy forever! At least I hope so--mine is 14 years old and still going strong.

You'll be in the US? Wish I were on the West Coast so we could meet up.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man what fun! I wish I lived closer to CA!

Tanya said...

So nice to see your Bernie! How big a quilt are you quilting on your domestic machine? I can see doing baby quilts and wall quilts but I'm not sure how big one can go without ruining their shoulders and maybe the machine and the quilt too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails