Sunday, April 20, 2008

Christmas-y blocks

I'm still piecing on the Christmas blocks. Actually, it seems like I've done miles and miles of piecing, and not an awful lot to show for it. But in reality, I've almost finished all the blocks. The centre parts of the other blocks are made, and I only need to add the green borders to the alternate blocks.

Don't worry, I won't be setting the blocks together as you see them in the picture. I just wanted to get as many blocks as possible in the shot.

After this quilt top is finished, I will start working on a table runner project for the class, and then I may take a breather and catch up on a little quilting. There is a quilt for my Mum that needs to be finished, and I also have three customer quilts here. Sometimes it seems there's a never ending list of projects that need my attention. Lucky for me I love this job I have :-)

Ohhh, and I forgot to mention in my last post ... Friday was our wedding anniversary. Marty and I have been married 16 years now. Gosh it's flown by. Happy days :-)

To all my friends heading to Paducah for the Quilt Festival - be sure to have the very best time. It's my hope to be joining you there in 2010. This year we'll be heading over for PIQF in Santa Clara CA. I hope to meet lots of you in October.

12 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

PIQF is great! Since I'm only 15 minutes away it's an easy commute and I'll go a couple days. I'm looking forward to this years show. :-)

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary. :-)

sewprimitive karen said...

Happy Anniversary, Tazzie!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your Christmas quilt is looking great.
Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Tazzie :0)

I look forward to seeing the finished Xmas quilt!

Rose Johnston said...

Gorgeous, i love Xmas!!!
Happy Anniversay!!! Wow 16 yrs, our 20th is creeping up!!! How do we do it??? lol
Hugs xxx

jovaliquilts said...

What is that center fabric for the Christmas quilt -- its perfect for your design!

I'm pretty sure I'll be at the quilt festival in Santa Clara this fall (the advantage of having my family living there!), so maybe we'll meet.

Happy anniversary! My 25th is 6 weeks away. Time really does fly!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! I love this holiday quilt--very fresh looking. Even though I hate to even think of Christmas at this time of year.

Shelina said...

Happy Anniversary Tazzie!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"ll be thinking of you as I'm shopping it up at Paducah!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating the occasion.

The Calico Cat said...

Also exciting for me is that my wonderful friend Linda (in San Jose) and I are embarking on a new scrap project together. This year we're going to make the blue and cream quilt on the cover of Star Happy Quilts by Judy Martin. I haven't actually made any of her quilts before, but Linda has made many, and she assures me that her patterns are wonderful.

That has been in my UFO pile for a very long time. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails