Sunday, April 13, 2008

More quilting ...

I've been quilting some more today. I worked on Helen's quilt. It's called Happy Days, by Mum's Moment. The girls at the store are mad for this quilt, and it's not the first I've quilted. I think the third actually.

I have this pattern myself, and it's all I can do not to start working on it immediately. Amy would like to hang it in her bedroom, but has specifically asked that it be done only in purple and green fabric. If it weren't for the fact that I don't have the white fabric for the background I may have succumbed and started cutting up pieces.

Tonight I'll start pinning a quilt that Jenny made. It's made in 30's prints and very cute. I think I have four or five quilts lined up, so I'll be working the machine for a good little while yet.

Cam had a birthday party to attend today - it's his first invite from his new classmates this year. It thrills me that he's made some lovely little friends at school, I know he's doing well with all the lessons, so there's really nothing more a parent can ask. It was a great chance for me to meet some of the Mum's I hadn't seen at school. A really nice day all round.

12 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Great news about your son doing so well at school and making friends. What a cute pattern there, perhaps you won't be able to resist it for much longer!

Joyce said...

I'd be tempted by that quilt too. I just got back from visiting my daughter in Australia. She had bought some op shop quilting mags and the first one I opened had one of your quilts in it. I don't remember the year but I think it was Australia Quilting and Applique. Unfortunately, It was too heavy to bring home so it's probably back in the op shop by now.

Pam said...

Cute quilt, have a similar pattern that I would like to enlarge and do just one or two mofits in a wallhanging for my sister, who has a WHOLE ROOM for her closet!!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Rosalyn Manesse said...

It's a cute quilt, reminds me of those old-fashioned movies. The ones with a lot of music, and no helicopers blowing up!

Shelina said...

That's a gorgeous quilt - I can certainly see how it would be tempting. Doesn't tempt me though, because my appliqué skills aren't up to that level.

Clare said...

I love it. I'm not going to let Alex see it otherwise you'll have an order for another one!

Glad that Cam is doing well a school and making friends.

xx

loulee said...

Thats a real girly quilt. I love it.

Anonymous said...

That quilt is adorable! Yes, very girly!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is sooo cute! What a fun quilt!

julieQ said...

What a very cute quilt, I bet it is fun to work on!

ForestJane said...

I don't applique much either, but oh, what a fun quilt this would be to pick a block or two for a wall picture to embellish! Some black jet beads on that black and red one, bits of lace trim, seed pearls, what fun.

Karen said...

What a great, fun quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails