Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Took the scenic route ...

A little while back I ordered some thread from Hancocks of Paducah. Shipping for up to $60 worth of stock is $12, so it makes sense to spend the whole $60.

I managed to get 6 yards of double wide backing fabric - the one with the hot air balloons. I have to say, the balloons are bigger in person than I expected, but still very cute. Some Terry Clothier Thompson pre-printed applique blocks - I'm not sure I needed more faux-applique, but there it is. And the Judie Rothermel fabric there on the left. Ohhh, and the thread. The picture is deceptive ... but that's 3000 yards of thread you see there - YLI thread in my favourite Caffe Romano colourway.

I had to collect it from the post office - and was most surprised when the girl came to the counter with what looked like a burlap bag. And printed on the burlap bag was 'Swiss Post' and also had a label with a London address on it. The original Hancocks shipping bag and label was inside, and looked to be untouched. I did think my parcel was taking a little longer than usual, but not too bad ... it would seem that upon leaving Kentucky USA, my fabric took a mini-break in Europe before heading Down Under. Shame the fabric can't talk ... it would seem it has a story to tell ...

7 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Yes, I often wonder where my parcels have been! That backing fabric sure is cute.

Clare said...

It's amazing where parcels get to, and letters too.

The backing material is great and I love your new shoes.

Unknown said...

It would be tempting to stuff myself into a parcel and see where I'd end up. Either Switzerland or Australia would be just fine with me. LOL

Anonymous said...

I had to pop in and say that your balloon fabric is just gorgeous! Oh, the quilts it could inspire.

McIrish Annie said...

I love those leopard shoes! I'm not a super shoe-gal but i do fancy those and that quilt is absolutly adorable!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Yum, great purchases; good thing they arrived after wandering around for awhile. I have a paycheck just now that is still in the wandering stage and has not yet shown up at the credit union. Go home, little check!

Anonymous said...

I get books and other bits and bobs from Utah that go via Switzerland as well - must be the way to beat the high postage costs. I really love that balloon fabric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails