Sunday, May 04, 2008

Piecing?

I got so much piecing done today *cough*. Well, actually, I didn't, but this evening I've managed to add the outside star points to the blocks I made the other day.

And speaking of the other day - where did the last four days go??

But back to today ... this morning I finished quilting on a customers quilt - and then this afternoon got busy doing chores. My house has gotten really neglected while I've been so busy. Tonight I would like to begin quilting on another quilt - I'll see if I have the energy in reserve ...

It has been a great weekend, starting with yesterday morning. A fun treat for Cheryl and I was to spend some time at the Magill Quilters 'Biggest Morning Tea'. It was so nice, and a very worthy cause, with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Research. When we got back to the shop, I was able to see the new AP&Q magazine had arrived, and it has one of my quilts in it. My 'Galaxy of Scraps' quilt that I made a little while back. I think there will be another of mine in the next issue too!

When I got home I started quilting some more, and almost finished the project, and found that I hadn't been supplied with quite enough thread. I had 20 minutes before the stores were due to close - not enough time to get to Quiltaholics, but enough to get to Spotlight. Amy and I dashed over, and with only 15 minutes got the thread I needed, and managed to pick up the fabrics you see there in the picture. Talk about power shopping! The blues will be wonderful for the Star Happy quilt, and the paisley - well, just because.

Well, that's it from me - I'll try not to leave it so long between posts next time - I promise!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Love the colors in your Star Happy blocks! I haven't seen this book by Judy Martin. Drat! I don't need to see that book :) Love the neutral fabric on the right. Do you know which fabric line it came from?

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I've got that blue fabric second one from the bottom. It's my favourite and has now been in about 3 projects so far!

See you Thursday, can't wait :D

sewprimitive karen said...

That's a familiar feeling, trying to reach the quilt store before it closes. I'm wondering what line the paisley is from, too.

Shelina said...

You've made much more progress than I have. The Shakespeare in the Park blocks look exactly the same, and I haven't gotten nearly as far as you have on mine, and I started way before you!
I'm glad you got to the store on time. That's some wonderful power shopping.

quiltygal said...

Loving those stars even mpore with the next row added... great choices in 15mins! surprised you had time it takes 20mins to get served at my local Spotlight!!:)
Claire

Quilter Kathy said...

This is one of my all time favorite blocks - love it!
Can't wait to see your finished quilt top!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my - those blocks are just so pretty. You have a wonderful sense of color.

Nines said...

Wow! really nice color combo! Congrats on having your quilts in a magazine!! How cool is that?

Mad about Craft said...

Love the blocks!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The quilt is lovely! I always loved these echoing blocks...in any shape or form!

Bonnie

Helen in the UK said...

Lovely star blocks. Good luck with getting your mom's quilt done by the weekend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails