Friday, May 09, 2008

It's done!

Just minutes ago I stitched the last of the binding to the quilt for my Mum. I actually didn't think I could get it done in time, so I'm just thrilled that it's complete :-)

Tomorrow I will finish up the chores around the house so I'm ready for Mother's Day and our influx of guests, and get some grocery shopping done. Think of me in the morning taking Cameron to his first ever basketball game. We tried on his top today, and it comes almost down to his knees - in fact, I'll be surprised if you can see his shorts underneath. His little team are called the Panthers - he's so excited. This afternoon he also had his first Auskick session for the year - it would be so much fun if he gets the chance to play at Aami Stadium again, that was the most exciting thing ever!

Now I'm just going to put a little laundry away, and then hit the sheets. It has really been quite a week!

17 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

What a beautiful quilt - and you finished with a couple days to spare too!!! Good luck at the games - it's always much funner (in my mind anyways) to watch the younger ones - they are so cute!!

Kris

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful gift for your mother! I'm sure she will be thrilled to receivd it. Great finish!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is so beautiful! My mom is getting a blue and tan quilt too, but not until next weekend when I fly out to visit her! She will be so surprised!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Well Done...it's beautiful!

Elaine Adair said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

annemariesquilt said...

Love this quilt and the colours are beautiful. Have a great Mothes day!

Amanda said...

Your finished quilt is terrific. Have a super Mothers' Day - ours was back in March.

Helen in the UK said...

Yeah - congrats on your finish in the nick of time :)

Gypsy Quilter said...

That is such a pretty quilt. I love the way all of the tans blend together. You're mom will be so pleased.

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful. Your Mum will be thrilled that its done.

Toni said...

What a lovely quilt. Your will love it...Happy Mothers Day.

Toni

Sara said...

It is so beautiful! Hope you mom likes it!

Shelina said...

It is such a beautiful quilt - I am glad you got it finished. I'm sure your mother will be thrilled. Happy Mother's Day!

Mad about Craft said...

Lovely colour combo - Beautiful!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on finishing your Mom's quilt! You have so much on the go, it's amazing you have so many "finishes"! I have many "starts" but not as many quilts get finished as I wish.

loulee said...

I love the colours on this quilt. Great finish, I'm sure it will be treasured.

ForestJane said...

*applauds*


Congrats on getting it finished! WTG!

Did you get a picture of her with it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails