Friday, May 16, 2008

Foundations Finished!

Woohoo! I finished foundation piecing the Christmas blocks this afternoon, and I just need to trim them to size and tear the papers from the back. It'll be fun to sew them all together.

Those that know me well understand what a huge departure these colours are for me. I'm really a 'reproduction fabric girl' and while they're still my first love, it has been fun playing with these brights and gold accented fabrics.

These blocks are 7" finished, the perfect size for me to print up easy foundation papers. I guess I could have just pieced them without foundations, but I'm looking to use a number of different techniques at the workshop, and I know many of the girls won't have made up this particular block before.

We have had the most wonderful soaking rain today. It started at 9am, and here it is almost 9pm and it is still going steady. The rain is needed so badly here, so I have no problem with it raining for a month. School netball was cancelled tonight though, as the local rec centre roof is leaking - this means I get to snuggle up indoors and get more stitching done. See you on the weekend! :-)

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like a cheerful Christmas quilt in the making to me! Great job.

*karendianne. said...

Blocks are fantastic and joyful. Perfect for the season.

I'm happy to hear of the rain. Florida desperately needs the rain also so I understand the joy!

I love the smell of rain, too.

Earth Love, *karendianne.

Purple Pam said...

Your blocks are so bright and happy. I am glad you are working outside your comfort zone. You did a great job. Such an inspiration for me. I need to start thinking about some holiday gifts. Now is a good time to start working on them.

Clare said...

They look good. I love the greens.

Rain - ha! Tell me about it. We emptied the pool to start painting it and the rain hasn't stopped since!

Erin said...

they are awesome blocks..I love the fabrics you chose! Foundation piecing is not for me so I am envious of you!!!

Mad about Craft said...

I find it funny when I hear people being glad of rain. We get so much rain on the west side of the UK we joke about drowning and needing to paddle canoes. I'll se what I can do about sending you some of our rain. It's rain most of the day here, again!!

Lynn Dykstra said...

The center fabric is great--you put it to good use.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails