Sunday, May 25, 2008

All Christmas, all the time

Are you tired of seeing this wallhanging yet?

I don't mind admitting that I'd like to be working on something new and different. But really, July isn't that far away, so Christmas projects for "Christmas in July" it is.

I think I'd like to dampen and block the Noel hanging - if it would hang just a little straighter, I'd be completely happy :-)

There will be five projects for the workshop, and one of them is a set of placemats. I'm so pleased with how the wallhanging has turned out that maybe I'll do coordinating mats. It's funny how when I start out working on projects I often end up with something really quite different to my original idea.

And here is the Christmas table runner. Just for a perspective on size, each block is 7" square. I need to decide on an applique motif for the cream coloured triangles, let's hope I have some inspiration soon. I'm thinking maybe some baubles? Help ... anyone?

Last of all for tonight, I need to pin a customer quilt so I can have the quilting done before Thursday. Of course I can do it ... of course I can do it ... I'll recite that to myself while I'm pinning. Where's the caffeine ...

TTYL x o x :-)

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I usually try to shut my eyes to Christmas until December, but your wall hanging is delicious. I made some place mats for Christmas last year out of old Christmas napkins - I'd only been quilting for a few months, but really enjoyed making and using them. I've got no real suggestions for your triangles, but look forward to seeing the end product.

Shelina said...

Both are beautiful - I love the green!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Lovely - both of them! How about some holly leaves with red berries in the triangles?

I was in the grocery store yesterday and what a lovely surprise to the an Australian Quilting magazine .... I know it's probably not the new one but it does have your Sister's Choice quilt in it. Perhaps you can tell me when that issue first came out.

sewkalico said...

Yes, Christmas this early is a bit scary, BUT your wallhanging is gorgeous and I love your colour scheme.

loulee said...

They both look great.
Is there a motif on one of the fabrics that would lend itself to applique?

Amy said...

These Christmas projects are sooo yummy! They will definitely add pizzazz to your holiday decorations. I like the idea of holly leaves and berries. Or you could fussy cut Christmas balls with some of the Spirograph designs in the center, and do broderie perse applique.

"Lurking Amy Loar"

Unknown said...

I agree with Gail - Holly leaves with berries would fit in those triangles perfectly

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely Christmas projects!
I vote for holly and berries on the
corner triangles!

Kathy said...

I haven't been by you blog in a while.....I LOVE your Christmas projects! It's putting me in the "mood" to work on Christmas!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails