Thursday, September 06, 2007

Runner and Stuff

Hi everyone! Here is a much better picture of the runner I put together the other day for the workshop next week. I'm so pleased I finally did make it up, because while I was at the store after seeing the project one of the Thimbleberries Club girls signed up for it. I think the class is almost full - maybe 2 places left. How fun!

Lucy asked for some more details about the project. There's not a lot to tell really. The outside border squares are just as they come from the charm pack. The light squares in the middle of the braid are light charm squares cut in quarter, and the larger braid pieces are a charm square cut in half. When the braid is assembled, I measured 3" from the centre and squared up the edge of the braid. Super easy. It would be fun to keep going with the braids and borders and end up with a full size quilt too. For wonderful information on how to put a braid together, go to Bonnie's Quiltville website - very informative.

The fabrics I've used are the Rocky Mountain Quilt Collection II, and the Regency Collection I & II, both from Judie Rothermel. I just love her reproduction fabrics.

Last up, Jessica's How about Orange blog is always a great source of fun things. This is no exception: Spell with Flickr ... I couldn't resist!

T A_McElman_070710_0537 Z zed i E

20 comments:

tami said...

The table runner is beautiful. I just bought a lot of fabrics from those collections too. I love her reproduction fabrics as well. :-D

MARCIE said...

What a darling table runner! I really "need" to make that too! How very clever you are!

Melanie said...

Great border for any season...

KC Quilter said...

What a gorgeous table runner!!! Wish I could be there to take the class.

Knitted Gems said...

I love the braiding technique you used in the table runner. It looks great when sandwiched in between the plain squares. I think your class will love it! Let us know how it goes.

Fiona said...

Love the design and the fabrics used in the runner - and I'm going to have to try that new Flickr toy!

Lisa D. said...

Really beautiful! I do love the fabrics and the design is very nice.

loulee said...

Your runner looks great. Hope all goes well for the workshop.

Lucy said...

It is beautifull I can see a whole quilt of this. What an idea ! thank you so much, I love it !!!

Yvonne said...

I really love it....thanks for the instructions. :)

Gail said...

Oh, I like that, its really nice. I like your fabric choices, too. Good luck with the class, be sure to let us know how it goes.

Wendy said...

Your tablerunner looks wonderful. I tried the braid and mine went wonky, maybe I should try it again. You make it look easy.

dee said...

This looks so wonderful. I just love those fabrics. thanks for the tip about Bonnie's blog. I forgot that she has the best instructions for making things. This should be a fun class to teach.

Jeanne said...

Tazzie, I love your braided runner! If I lived closer, I'd be signing up for sure.

*karendianne. said...

WOW! I dont think I can come up with any adjectives that adequately capture how much I am lovin' this one.

*karendianne.

YankeeQuilter said...

The table runner looks very fun. the spell with Flickr is great! Had a blast playing with it...thanks for the tip!

Tracy said...

I love the runner project! It is beautiful:)

Kim said...

Very cute! I love it! I'm always looking for ideas for using charms!

ForestJane said...

I found those letters cool too... and if you click on them, you can pick and choose between fonts and colors.... lol

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oooo I love this runner! I have some charm packs of this line.... Oh man... I may have to pull it out!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails