Tuesday, September 11, 2007

More Sisters Choice Applique

This applique is a time consuming business. It's taking a while to get thru it, so with a lack of anything else quilty to share, you're going to be seeing blow-by-blow pictures of my progress.

Having said that, I'm still loving how this is looking. It's one thing to design or envisage something, but it's another to see it come to life before your eyes.

I made a change from the original plan, I had planned to use a blue border around the middle applique block, and then there would have been several other blue borders, but I decided to use a repro-purple instead, and I think it looks better. Blue is always nice for a zinger, but it would have deviated too far from the colour scheme I have chosen. Today I don't have any 'children ferrying' other than school, so I should be able to get some more done. I'll be thrilled if I can get the next border on by the end of the day, but that may be a little ambitious.

In other news, I have listed some of my Thimbleberries blocks from last year's club in my Etsy store. I know I'll never get back to that project, so hopefully they'll go to someone who'll love them.

Well, that's it from me, I'm heading off to work on some applique ...

14 comments:

Diane said...

I agree with you about designing a quilt and then seeing it made. It is different, but oh so fun. I really do like what you are doing here. Very very pretty.

Rose Johnston said...

Tazzie that is just stunning. Looks time consuming but well worth it!! This is going to be another beautiful quilt!!

Darlene said...

Wow - this is looking sensational. I like it a lot!

YankeeQuilter said...

The soft colors look wonderful. Very restful.

~Bren~ said...

Gorgeous! It will be a stunning quilt!

Cathi said...

The quilt is really shaping up wonderfully... are you needleturning this one?

KC Quilter said...

Oh so beautiful, Tazzie! It is well worth the hours you are putting into it.

Cher said...

this is quite gorgeous...you do beautiful work.

atet said...

Oh wow -- it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I may have to make sure to order this issue when it hits the stands!

Jeanne said...

I will enjoy every picture of the progress for this lovely quilt!

Anonymous said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - I love seeing that beauty grow, day after day. And to think I have a subscription to Australian P&Q magazine, makes me so happy : I'll get the pattern ! HeeHee....
You are so talented, Tazzie, this quilt is going to be a heirloom.

Hugs & smiles
NADINE

Unknown said...

I know I've said it before but this one just gets better and better and better - gorgeous!

Alisa said...

I like where you are going with this one. Very beautiful so far.

Susan said...

It looks fabulous, Tazzie. I love the way it's going. I looked back and saw that you've been doing a lot of work on a variety of things. How's Amy doing?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails