Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fabric dieting ... not fabric fasting

Today I received a parcel in the mail. It was a the result of a little 'stash enhancement' I undertook recently. Z&S still have a number of sale fabrics, so I decided I really needed to give some of them a good home. You have all seen my fabric closet, this was a required purchase. There is another parcel on the way - I'm still seriously lacking yardage. Don't they just package the fabrics up in the cutest way?

Here are the four fabrics. There's a total of six (maybe 6.5) yards there. Does it show that I'm a 'reproduction' girl? I know I'll be able to put all of these to good use.

Not much happening on a quilty front here. The border fabric I have been auditioning simply hasn't 'spoken' to me. I'm still not sure that it's the right one to use, but the clock is ticking, so I'm taking it's silence as acceptance of it's fate to be used! There is also the problem that I don't really have a good substitute. I don't really feel I want to go on a fabric hunt with the deadline looming so close, so I hope to get it stitched in place by bedtime tonight. I also hope to get the batt tomorrow, and if I'm lucky I'll have it all pinned and ready to quilt by Friday. I have my fingers crossed.

The sock I showed in the last post was ripped back entirely. I started it again on US size 2 needles, and it's working up so much better. In fact, so well that I turned the heel last night. It's now back in the car as 'found time work'. I can manage from here without the pattern, and I've managed to 'find' 30 minutes of knitting time already today while waiting for the kids.

Well, that's it from me for today. For the next two days I'll be working 9.30 -4pm in the quilt store, so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have. Lucky me though - if you must work, do something you love! Have a great day everyone! x o x

6 comments:

Rose Johnston said...

Those fabrics r lovely and i love the way they wrap them in a bow!!! too cute!!
Your applique quilt looks amazing Tazzie, u must be so happy with it and maybe those borders r meant to be, i think they look great!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

MMMMMmm - I love those fabrics! Especially the top two! I just put in a HUGE order to Z&S last week - about 6 yards of just one fabric! For a really cool repro quilt I"m making from an antique quilt I just bought!!!! Wish our quilt mags photographed quilts as beautiful as AU one!

Jeanne said...

The fabrics are a perfect addition to your stash. I'm sure you will put them to good use.

Helen in the UK said...

Great fabrics and very nicely presented - enjoy :)

Kairle Oaks said...

Fabric that comes in the mail is always a treat! You've made some lovely choices!!!

Kim said...

Oh, thank goodness, Tazzie! I was really worried about that anorexic fabric stash of yours! ROFLOL! Nice choices!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails