Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Days just disappear ...

It's really quite terrifying - three days have gone by and I'm really quite wrecked.

On Sunday night we had Amy's netball presentation. Marty stayed home and looked after Cameron. While we were out Cam was feeling sick and couldn't hold down his food. At first I thought it was one of those 24 hours things that would pass. Tue am he was still ill, so I took him into hospital. He was admitted and we stayed overnight. They were great with him, and while he's still not 100%, he's so much better.

After we checked into the ER, I cast on for a pair of my favourite socks. I had just quickly tossed a ball of wool and some needles in my bag. When we checked out this morning, I had turned the heel, picked up the instep stitches and had started working along the decreases for the gusset. I'm feeling so proud of myself, because I didn't remember to bring the pattern, and I've knitted the sock up from memory!

Also in the picture, the next installment from Z&S Fabrics which arrived while I was out. I know you all have developed an interest in the welfare of my stash. I liked the purple from my current quilt so much, I purchased a whole lot more. I actually ordered it thinking I may use it in the border, but obviously now that is sorted. The other is just well, you know ... justin fabric. Just in case. Still hasn't made a visible difference, but there are some useable pieces now.

Well, that's it from me - I really need to finish the quilt I'm working on, I'm kinda behind the 8-ball now ...

11 comments:

Patti said...

So glad Cameron is better - it's always scary when one's kids are sick. Don't you just love the way Z&S packages their fabrics with big fabric bows! And I love the way they fold their half-yard pieces together into a funky stretchy tower. They are just the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a sock from memory, I'm impressed! I can't do that...

Sorry to hear about ordeal with Cam but glad he is better now...

Got the package... Thanks so much for everything!

Kim said...

What a scary time! Glad to hear Cameron is feeling better. I hope life gets back to normal soon--whatever that is! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hope Cam is doing better, it is no fun to spend the night in the hospital, but kids sure can bounce back!!!!! Great for you...memories are a tough thing as we get older so good for you on the sock!! Karen in California

KC Quilter said...

Hope Cam is all better now. Love your "justin" name for all those fabrics we buy "just in case". I'll be using that a lot!!!!

Carolyn said...

I hope Cameron is 100% soon! Your socks are beautiful, you must knit very fast! I'm still working on a pair that I started in January!

Darlene said...

I'm so sorry to read that Cameron has been ill. Hoping he's doing much better!

Love the sock and the "justin" fabric. LOL

Quilts And Pieces said...

Quilt tempting me with Z&S fabric will you!!!! :)

jodie said...

So sorry to hear little Cameron was so sick. Glad you are all home again now.

You are getting clever with those socks.

Clare said...

Sorry to read that Callum was not at all well. Hope he is on teh mend now. OMG - that purple is gorgeous. I'm into purples at the moment so perhaps a just in case is needed!

atet said...

Love that sock! And sorry to hear that your son isn't feeling well, speedy recovery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails