Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Fabrics

Wonderful! On Friday my new fabric from Z&S arrived. I just love the fabrics I chose. A little surprising though - they have (I think in error) substituted a couple of fabrics. The third from the left should have been red, and the one on the right should have been green - the right fabric, just wrong colourway. I have total confidence that it will be sorted out.

The fabrics have already been folded up and put away in the closet, and it's hardly made a visible difference to the stash. Clearly I have a lot more fabric shopping in my future. I received a newsletter from them today, and it says they're going to be accepting Paypal, so that is a wonderful bonus.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathy for Amy's injuries. She's doing just fine, and is wanting to go to school tomorrow. She's not as bruised as we were expecting, and probably will be just fine to go, but I think I'll keep her home just in case. I'm just a Mum wrapping my baby (who is bigger than me) in cotton wool :-)

And for fun, yesterday I made up another Shoo Fly Table Runner and put it in my Etsy store. I hope you like it. I'm having fun with these.

This afternoon I'll work a little more on my applique before we head to my parents house. I'm so looking forward to seeing my Dad, it's Father's Day after all. Love ya Dad!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, gosh, I'm so relieved you're getting some fabric in because those almost-bare shelves sure had me worried! LOL! I just received an order from another quilt shop and there was a brown fabric that I don't think I ordered--I think I must have thought I was getting a different color--maybe red? That's okay, though, because I'm pretty sure I'll use it someday! LOL! I did get the right ones on the couple fabrics I really, really wanted. I hope you get your order fixed! Glad to hear your daughter's doing okay. That's a scary thing to see happen!

mereth said...

Luscious fabrics; I don't usually put my new material away because I like to go and pet it and say 'hi' for a few days. Ok, that's made me sound really weird.....

mereth said...

Oh, and forgot to say your peacock feathers are gorgeous, you do beautiful quilting.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful colors in the table runner. So serene!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Glad Amy is doing better. But keep her still one more day, it sure can't help, you don't want to push it. And I LOVE your new fabrics! Mmmmm

Cher said...

I agree, your quilting peacock feathers are wonderful- nice to catch up with you and know that Amy is so tough she is ready to get back to school.

Nina In Norway said...

I love the look of your table runner. The colors are just adorable, and you do nice work.

Ms. Jan said...

Those a pretty fabrics, even if some are "wrong," they are still allright.
If the workmanship of the table runner is as good as my precious table mat, it is a great deal.

I'm glad to hear that Miss Amy is on the mend!!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh my wouldn't you know they would make a few errors when you're so far away postage-wise. Great company, though, I love to order from them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails