Yesterday I had quite a productive day, I finished up piecing an extra four tree blocks (gosh HST's can get repetitive after a while!) and then put them together into this table runner.
I hesitated over putting the William Morris print into the setting triangles, as I thought it was just too busy. But I decided to give it a go and now I quite like it. In this project I did something I almost never do ... I mixed Thimbleberries prints in with other fabrics! That's so unusual for me. I often joke that I don't think TB fabrics play nicely with others, I'm joking of course, and have no problem putting all sorts of other fabrics together, but it's just an odd thing I stick to. Well yesterday I broke my own rule, and I'm really happy with the results. It came about because I just didn't have enough of any of the right green for the border. I guess this will be the start of a new era for me :-)
Ohhh, I should point out, the little bits of brown print you see around the edges is the table runner that was already on the table ... I was too lazy to take it off before I took the picture.
And the last picture for today ... some log cabin blocks I made up last night. These are destined to become coasters.
If I get a chance this morning I'll tear out the foundation papers. I have to head off to work shortly, but being at the quilt store doesn't seem like work at all :-)
Have a great day! x o x