Thursday, June 14, 2007

Keeping busy :-)

We're having some busy days here in Chez Tazzie - DH is away right now, but expected home sometime today. Just in time too, the laptop isn't talking to the cell phone, so I'll have to talk to him in a 'help desk' kind of capacity.

Amy and her bestie from school dance together, and they're doing a hip hop dance in the end of year concert for the dance school. Their dance teacher wants them to wear half length black hoodies as part of their costume. As Bec's Mum works, I volunteered to take them shopping to find the hoodies. Easier said than done I learned. I went to the Plaza on Tue afternoon with them, and to my surprise found the hoodies, but not in their sizes. The store kindly located them in other stores but don't do transfers, so yesterday before work I travelled to Elizabeth, and today with my friend Cheryl, travelled to West Lakes. Gosh, the km's we do for our kids. They're taking them tonite to make sure they're okay ... they better be!!

It was a nice opportunity for Cheryl and I to spend some q-time together, her daughter came along, and we checked out some clothes stores etc. One we went to was the Crows Nest - the supporters store for Cam's fave footy team. I picked up a cute t-shirt for him and one for Amy too. I'll pop them away until Cam's birthday next week. We also went into House and Garden, one of my favourite shops, and I saw these shelves of super cute sheep - I took a picture with my phone to share with you, but couldn't upload it - maybe tomorrow.

On a quilty note, yesterday I finished up some coasters - something a little different this time - some fusible applique. I'm loving the coasters - it's fun to have small projects that finish so quickly. And last night, I basted the Starstruck quilt, and have put just a couple of quilting stitches into it. Let's see how much hand quilting I can get done before the deadline looms very close.

Wow - this has been a rambling and wordy post with not many pictures. I promise I'll share more eye candy next time around! x o x

13 comments:

May Britt said...

Again some beautiful coasters. You have to be the coaster lady :)
I have to seriously start thinking of making coasters now. I need some, and I have so many upcoming birthdays and soon it is christmas LOL How many coasters have you made by now???? LOL Teasing :)

Anonymous said...

Love the new coasters! They are very cute.

Melanie said...

Darling coasters. Non-- too the rescue...Sweatjackets -- Mom to the rescue. I always appreciate the Mom that finds those things.

Fiona said...

Love the coasters - especially the variegated thread, it really makes them sparkle.

JoAnna said...

Your coasters are really sweet! I love the simple design.

Nancy said...

Love those coasters. I've been looking for quick, fun things to make for retreat gifties/door prizes for a retreat I'm helping organize next year. I never thought about coasters. Thanks for the idea.

Laurie Ann said...

Your coasters are just the best!! I can't decide which I like best. I think the flowers are my favorite, but they are both fab!

Hanne said...

Very cute coasters Tazzie :-) I see your star quilt is coming along very well as well.

Gail said...

Oooh, love that great magenta/pink color. Very cute.

Ali Honey said...

Love all your coasters Tazzie. I too love small quickly finished projects. My Hexagon quilt is like that as each hex is made individually; you can count them up as the completed pile grows. You might try that shape for a coaster - the corners are really easy. Regards Alison.

Ms. Jan said...

It is nice to hear what you are doing with or without pictures!

Kim said...

Yep, I love the coasters too, but even more, I love reading your blog and "hearing" all the "slang" words we're not used to hearing here in the U.S. Of course they're not hard to figure out, but it makes me stop and think about what you're saying--funny, isn't it? LOL! Sounds like you've been awfully busy, but having fun. Good for you, Tazzie!

Susan said...

Sounds like busy days for you, but good times. I love the flower coasters. Nice bright colors. The Star Struck came out nicely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails