Friday, June 08, 2007

On a roll ...

Or on the table really :-) I finished the table runner yesterday! I knew I'd need some hand work for quilt group yesterday, so Wednesday evening after the kids had gone to bed, I seriously applied myself to the task of quilting the table runner. At around 11.30pm I was done with the quilting and set to sewing on the binding. After lunches were made for the next day, I got to bed around 12.30am. Not a really late night for me, but for a week night, it's up there :-) but it did mean that I could hand sew the binding down the next day. It's nice to have something different to do at quilt group. Lately I have been taking along the whole cloth quilt, and that gets a little old after a while. I put it on the table, and rather than the blue and white china candelabra that sits on the table, I thought the potplant from the family room would look cuter there. So I swapped them over.

I have some chores to get through this morning, and then I have to start working in earnest again on the Starstruck quilt. I unexpectedly received a commissioning letter for it yesterday, and I have around five weeks to have it ready. I had planned to hand quilt it with a black perle cotton, so if I want maximum hand quilting time, I really need to get motoring. I cut the remainder of the background fabric last night, and can you believe it, I was short by six 3 1/2" squares. Too cruel! I'm not stressing over it though, and I've used a very similar print that I have on hand for the six squares, and I'm going to call it a 'feature'. I like quirky things like that in a quilt, even if they're not really planned on.

Well, that's it from me, I've my work cut out for me ... I'll TTYL! x o x

14 comments:

Fiona said...

The tabel runner looks splendid and I love your notionof calling the different squares in the starstruck quilt a feature. Go Mavericks!

Rose Johnston said...

The runner turned out lovely Tazzie!!! u still amaze me with how much u get done....by 11.30pm my mind is mush lol....cant wait to see the finished Starstruck quilt, complete with a feature square!!
Have a great weekend!!!

Unknown said...

The table runner looks sensational on your table, very complementary to that Dear Jane I see in the background.

Wendy said...

The tablerunner is stunning and you are so fast. I love it when you find something unexpected in a quilt, now I have a name for it "feature". Can't wait to see it.

Vicki W said...

I love that table runner - you really pulled that together quickly!

ancient one said...

You are so talented! That table runner is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Lovely tazzie - you see those thimbleberries did want to come out to play with the other fabrics :o)

Darcie said...

Your runner makes a lovely setting. And I like your idea of setting a houseplant on the dining table...very organic...very cool!

Carol E. said...

It looks great! Wow, that was fast work! I'd like to see your DJ close up. Can I come over and play?

atet said...

Your table runner looks great. I love the colors together and those tree blocks just look fantastic. Though I do agree -- hst's can get repititious after awhile!

Carole said...

Your table runner is lovely! You're giving me ideas! I could see something like that on my dinning room table. Thanks for sharing! Happy quilting!

Chookyblue...... said...

great table runner looks fantsatic on the table........But what is in the background hanging on the wall?????????

Clare said...

I agree with chookyblue and carol E. Can we see a picture of the Dear Jane?

Little Penpen said...

The table runner is gorgeous. I would love to see a close up of your Dear Jane quilt too. Did you make it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails