Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's a skill ...

It's a special skill that I have ... the ability to completely ignore the pressing deadlines that I have, and concentrate on something entirely different.

I have a top to quilt for a lady, a magazine project to hand quilt, and a very large pattern order for a quilt store. Instead of working on any of these things, I decided to start working on something else entirely. It's a mat thingy, and hopefully I'll get it finished up tomorrow, I'm just working on the binding right now.

If I weren't so tired, I'd press on with it, but it has been a big day. Amy's netball was first up this morning with a big win, a quick visit to Quiltaholics, a trip to the store to pick up the stuff for 'loot bags' for Cam's party. Then making the bags, and finally the party at Hungry Jacks for all his little friends. Whew ... I'm glad for some piecing time. Tomorrow is his little friend Matty's birthday party, and it goes on for a few weeks. They're all turning 5 at once!

Well, that's it from me for now ... I'm way behind with my blog reading. I'm catching up with you all slowly and leaving comments as I can. Don't give up on me! x o x

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute bag-- I remember the days of birthday parties for kids... That is in a Mommie's job description. I remember burying plastic easter eggs in a sand box, calling them"dinosaur eggs" for the big hunt in a "jurassic park" themed birthday party once for Eric. Kids will never remember what you weighed when they were little, they'll never remember what you wore, or even if you ever "had a salary", but they will remember birthday parties, bedtime stories, and even the times you punished them because you wanted them to be a better person in the long run...

You get the "atta girl" award for the day---

Get to bed---
Melanie

Susan said...

Is this the mat thing you were talking with your best friend about refining? You days sound busy! So much fun being the mother of young ones. =)

Sue said...

I have a million things I should be doing, but here I sit, reading blogs!

I also have that knack for doing anything but what I should...somehow it all usually manages to get finished on time.

Good luck!

Kim said...

"It's a mat thingy"? You sure know how to tease us! And yes, you surely do have a skill--I think Scarlet O'Hara had a similar ability! LOL! Frankly, though, with all the rest going on, it amazes me you still fit ANY quilting in!

~Bren~ said...

Is a mat thingy something to carry your cutting mat in? If so, it is adorable. If not, it is still adorable. ;0) Bren

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails